The Qatar Ministry of Interior represented by the Public Relations Department, has won the first place in the annual awareness film competition 2016 under the theme of ‘Security risks of social media’ organised by the General Secretariat of Arab Interior Ministers Council, announced in the 40th Conference of Arab police and security chiefs held in Tunis.
Dr Mohammed Bin Ali Kouman, the Secretary General of the Arab Interior Ministers Council awarded the prize to Staff Major General Saad bin Jassim al Khulaifi, director general of Public Security who headed the Qatar delegation in the conference of Arab police and security chiefs.
The award achieved by the Ministry of Interior emphasised its efforts in raising awareness to the community.
The 90 minute-long short film sheds light to the security threats of the social media channels which are deeply rooted in every sector of the society and the necessity to be alert to get rid of the negative effects of these media.
The Director of Public Relations Department of Ministry of Interior Brigadier Abdullah Khalifa Al Muftah expressed his pleasure on this achievement stating that the achievement underscored the success of the Ministry in presenting distinct security awareness in all sectors of the society.
The Ministry of Interior Qatar awards:
- Special traffic safety film award in 2001
- Film award on drug awareness in 2002
- Third place in the UN International traffic awareness fest in 2003
- Third place in first international traffic awareness festival in 2005
- First place in the security media contest conducted by the General Secretariat of the Council of Arab Interior Ministers in 2006
- International Festival for the prevention of road accidents wherein 47 countries participated in 2010
- First place in the film on the fight against human trafficking in 2012 by Secretariat of the Council of Arab Interior Ministers winning for the eighth time in a row
More about Security Awareness on moi.gov.qa.