Jaidah Automotive – a subsidiary of the long-established and influential conglomerate Jaidah Group and the exclusive importer and distributor of Chevrolet in Qatar, announced the arrival of Chevrolet’s all-new 2013 Traverse to Doha.
About the 2013 Traverse
- Available in two- and all-wheel-drive configurations, the Traverse is powered by a 3.6-liter V6 aluminum engine with Variable Valve Timing, matched with a six speed automatic transmission. This delivers an optimal balance of power and performance. Rated at 288 hp, the vehicle delivers fuel economy of 13.8 L/100 km for city driving and 9.8 L/100 km on the highway.
- Consists of seating for up to eight adults, and more cargo-carrying capacity than any other vehicle in its sector.
- A new center stack showcases a 6.5-inch color touch radio with the available Chevrolet ‘MyLink’ infotainment systems. MyLink includes large, easy-to-use controls and intuitive menus that enable the driver to quickly and easily choose the level of connectivity that works for them. MyLink enables customers to seamlessly integrate their smartphones for hands-free calling through the audio system, and Bluetooth streaming of popular internet radio favorites.
- The new Traverse is offered in three model choices, with three interior color choices, in cloth or leather.
- The available intelligent all-wheel-drive system provides increased traction on slippery roads by actively managing the torque distribution between the front and rear axles. There is no driver intervention; the system automatically decides how much torque to apply and delivers it to the wheels that have the best traction.
- Traverse offers utility-like towing capacity of up to 2,358 kg.
- The Traverse has recently earned top honors from leading third-party organisations and in government crash testing. The new 2013 model enhances its safety reputation with the industry’s first front center side air bag. It is engineered to provide additional restraint to drivers and front passengers in far-side impact crashes, where the affected occupant is on the opposite, non-struck side of the vehicle.
- Other new safety features include: head curtain side air bags with rollover protection for outboard occupants in all seating rows; a rear view camera system; Standard four-wheel-disc brake system with ABS; hill assist brakes, and a strong body structure to absorb crash energy and provide a protective ‘safety cage’ around occupants.
The Traverse is one of the Middle East’s most popular crossover SUVs and is available now from Jaidah’s showroom in central Doha. Jaidah Automotive has an exclusive arrangement with Chevrolet for the import and retail of its world-class automobiles and so the all-new Traverse will not be available anywhere else in the country.
For more information, visit Jaidah Automotive’s website or call 4401 6061!