The all-new Fusion promises to redefine expectations from vehicles in its category with an unprecedented suite of driver assist technologies, a dynamic and expressive design, top fuel economy and an engaging driving experience.
Marketing director of Ford Middle East, Paul Anderson, said:
The new Fusion truly embodies what One Ford stands for…Our global teams were challenged to develop a midsize car with a jaw-dropping design and groundbreaking fuel economy – one that featured technologies to help make our customers safer and better drivers. This car is the result, and we are excited to have it here at Ford dealerships across the region, including Qatar. Ford Fusion is a game-changer on all fronts thanks to its rich array of unexpected features and segment-first or even segment-exclusive technologies that truly make it stand out from the rest…We are confident it will witness the same level of response here as it does globally.’
Featuring a sleek silhouette and fresh face, the all-new Fusion is the latest in a series of vehicles from Ford developed to satisfy customers everywhere who want helpful technologies, game-changing looks and leading fuel efficiency.
Bill Hechme, general manager of Almana Motors, said:
With the launch of the all-new Fusion, the Ford range in Qatar now features award-winning products across the board. This is a great car, true to the new generation of Ford vehicles, featuring outstanding quality and craftsmanship, class leading safety, unmatched technologies and fuel economy and above all, tremendous value. All you need is to experience the outstanding drive of the new Fusion, to realise how far ahead it is in the game, making it one of the most compelling offers on the market today.’
In Qatar, the all-new 2014 Ford Fusion is available in the S and SE series, and comes with a 5-year/100,000kms manufacturer’s warranty, as well as a comprehensive 3-year/60,000kms free service and maintenance package which give outstanding peace of mind and allowing its owner to just gas and go.
Fusion looks out for you
The all-new Fusion offers an unprecedented portfolio of driver assistance and convenience technologies based on sensors, cameras and radar that enable the car to see and respond.
Fusion can help drivers maintain proper lane position, adjust vehicle speed to changing traffic conditions, identify suitable parking spaces and help park, even aiding drivers backing out of parking space where visibility is obstructed. Specific technologies include:
- Lane Keeping System: This class-exclusive technology consists of three elements to help a driver maintain proper lane position. Using a small, forward-facing camera behind the inside rearview mirror, the system “looks” down the road, monitoring lane lines to determine that the car is on course. The system will alert a driver if drowsiness or erratic lane-keeping is detected. The second element warns a driver with a steering wheel vibration if the Fusion drifts too close to lane markings. Finally, lane keeping aid will actually apply pressure on the steering to help bring the car back into proper lane position
- Adaptive cruise control: Using forward-looking radar, this system “looks” down the road when activated, slowing the Fusion when slower traffic is detected ahead. Adaptive cruise control enables collision warning with brake support to help slow the car if the potential of a crash is detected
- Active park assist: Employing sensors, this technology can identify a suitable parallel parking space, calculate the trajectory and steer the car to properly position it within the spot. All a driver needs to do is to operate the accelerator and brake pedals
- Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) with cross-traffic alert: Sensors in both Fusion rear quarter-panels are able to detect traffic in a driver’s blind spot, providing both audible and visual warnings if traffic – unseen by the driver – is detected. BLIS technology enables cross-traffic alert, warning the driver of oncoming traffic when backing out of a parking space with obstructed views, such as between two large vans
The power of voice
The all-new Fusion offers the latest iteration of Ford’s award-winning, industry-exclusive SYNC communications and entertainment system, which enables voice-activated communication through a driver’s mobile phone and interaction with the car’s audio system.
Fusion also offers the latest version of MyFord Touch – powered by SYNC – allowing a driver to interact with vehicle systems through voice control, a touch screen tap or a conventional button.
Both SYNC and MyFord Touch help reduce the potential for driver distraction through voice-controlled functionality, allowing drivers to keep hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.
Different, by design
According to Ford, the design goal for the new Fusion was to give the mainstream sedan buyer a top-drawer visual experience, adding some emotional appeal to an already sensible choice.
These five elements provided direction for the design team behind the all-new Fusion:
- Silhouette innovation: Fusion’s sleek profile sets it apart from the powertrain/cabin/trunk “three-box” designs synonymous with midsize sedans
- Perceived efficiency: Fusion character lines sweeping to the rear and thin roof pillars suggest the car is nimble and light on its feet
- Refined surface language: Fusion demonstrates that a tasteful, well-executed design does not require add-ons or visual clutter
- Technical graphics: Fusion’s functional design elements such as headlamps, LED taillamps and polished exhaust tips communicate enhanced technological capability
- New face: Fusion signals the next evolution in Ford global design language for midsize cars and smaller
Inside, the new Fusion offers a sporty, driver-oriented environment with next-generation seating that brings expanded functionality. A higher center console supports the driver-centric theme and yields clever storage for items a driver wants to keep handy.
Additional passenger space was designed-in by moving the instrument panel toward the windshield, contributing to the cabin’s airy, open environment. Thinner, lighter frames support the comfortable next-generation seats trimmed with fabric using recycled sustainable yarns.
Fusion is available in the Middle East with a front-wheel drive application.