Qatar Green Building Council (QGBC) and Arab Youth Climate Movement Qatar (AYCMQA) are looking for committed and enthusiastic individuals to be part of the first cohort of Environmental Ambassadors of Qatar, Class of 2020.
Environmental Ambassadors of Qatar is an active, educational leadership programme, a first of its kind in Qatar and which focuses on timeless education of universal ecological principles applicable to all-natural ecosystems, in addition to location-specific subjects (Qatar).
After a rigorous selection process, the individuals selected as Ambassadors will be trained to dedicate their time in raising awareness of the subject and to highlight the current status of the environment locally and what needs to be done through a year-long campaign, part of the programme. The Ambassadors will be required to attend monthly meetings and meet ups, write blogs, use social media outreach and other relevant platforms to reach out to the community.
Ten to 15 candidates will be selected for the cohort of Ambassadors for 2020.
- Any Qatari or Qatar-based individuals aged 18-35 years old who are active members of the community and working with the Qatari community.
- Committed to environmental issues and with strong track record showing such engagement would be an advantage.
- Must have the time and ability to share knowledge gained from the Ambassador programme, including implementing outcomes, Blogs, Vlogs, social media etc.
- Dedicate 10-15 hours every month.
- Successful candidates must commit to a 12-month period (August 2020 – July 2021).
Timeline: One Year
To learn more about the programme, visit qatargbc.org.