The programme includes various seminars led by renowned Shariah scholars from various disciplines. The topics to be covered through the talks include politics, finance, media, bioethics, arts, environment, food, gender issues, psychology, education and methodology.
Through its various research activities, CILE aims to develop a new theoretical framework for the study of ethics in addition to providing viable solutions to society’s contemporary dilemmas.
The series will be inaugurated by a public lecture titled ‘Education: Ethics & Goals’ to be delivered by Dr Tariq Ramadan, CILE Executive Director, and Professor of Contemporary Islamic Studies at Oxford University. It will be held at lecture Hall A at Qatar Faculty of Islamic Studies, Qatar Foundation, on Monday 23 September 2013 at 7 pm. CILE’s lecture series will continue throughout the academic year in order to continue to shed light on society’s pressing ethical issues according to the following schedule:
- Public Lecture on Media & Ethics – 2 November 2013
- Public Lecture on Ethics & Politics – 3 December 2013
- Public Lecture on Islamic Ethics for French speaking people – 17 December 2013
- Public Lecture on Environment & Ethics – 5 January 2014
- Public Lecture on Islamic Ethics for French speaking people – 5 February 2014
- Public Lecture on Philosophy of Ethics in Islam – 25 February 2014
- Public Lecture on Contemporary application of Islamic Ethics – 3 March 2014
- Second International Conference – March 2014 (exact date to be announced)
- Public Lecture on Bioethics – 7 April 2014
- Public Lecture on Education & Ethics – 23 April 2014
- Public Lecture on Methodology of Islamic Ethics – 5 May 2014
- Public Lecture on Economics & Ethics – 11 June 2014
For more information, visit CILE center’s website.