The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) announced quarantine exemption criteria for GCC citizens, their families and their household employees arriving in Qatar who already received the COVID-19 vaccine in one of the GCC countries.
The new criteria became effective on Friday, 7 May, and under the condition that the vaccines received by these individuals are included in the list of vaccines approved by MoPH.
Based on the new criteria, the following COVID-19 health protocols will be effective immediately:
- GCC citizens, their families, and their household employees arriving in Qatar must have a pre-travel COVID-19 PCR test conducted at a COVID-19 testing centre approved by their local Ministry of Health 72 hours prior to their departure from their country of origin.
- Fully vaccinated travellers who received COVID-19 vaccines approved by the MoPH will be exempt from quarantine provided that a period of at least 14 days has lapsed after receiving the last dose of the vaccine. Travellers will be asked to produce an official vaccination card upon arrival in Qatar.
- Travellers, their family and individual sponsors, who do not meet the vaccine criteria must undergo a seven-day hotel quarantine at a designated hotel available via Discover Qatar, prior to arrival in Qatar. An EHTERAZ app – with a yellow screen indication – must also be obtained.
- Children who do not meet the vaccination criteria, but are accompanied by parents who do meet the vaccination criteria, must undergo a seven-day hotel quarantine at a designated hotel available via Discover Qatar prior to arrival in Qatar. One of the two parents can be exempted from quarantine with the other parent quarantined together with the children. During the quarantine period, an EHTERAZ App – with a yellow screen indication – must also be present. Parents cannot exchange roles in accompanying quarantined children.
- Individuals arriving at a Qatari point of entry must have a Qatari mobile sim card and have EHTERAZ App installed and activated on their mobile phones.
- All individuals undergoing hotel quarantine will be subjected to applicable quarantine protocols and are not allowed to access public areas or be present therein unless their EHTERAZ screen indication is green.
For updates and more information, visit moph.gov.qa.
Check out Marhaba’s FREE e-Guides for everything you need to know about Qatar.