In line with GSAS – CPD programme, Gord Academy present, in collaboration with Patton Boggs LLP & Global Change Institute, a seminar on ‘Creating a Global Advantage in Clean and Alternative Energy – New Revenue Streams in the New World Economy’ on 28 September 2013 from 9 am to 3 pm at Qatar National Convention Centre.
International Law Firm Patton Boggs LLP and Australia’s globally renowned Global Change Institute have been invited by GORD (Gulf Organisation for Research and Development) to lead a seminar exploring ‘Creating a Global Advantage in clean and alternative Energy’. The seminar will examine the global trends in clean, alternative and renewable energy, and will review new revenue streams in a lower carbon sustainable economy, and will look at how developing carbon offsetting for Qatar can create self -sustaining revenues and assist Qatar in transitioning to a more sustainable economy.
Sessions will include:
- GORD’s vision ‘crafting a green legacy’
- Access to the new US $100 Billion Global Green Climate Fund
- Renewable Energy in the Middle East – discussion on technology options, resource assessment, future networks and the role of storage.
- Securing an advantage in International Engagement, Regulatory & Legal
- Renewable Energy as a Business – deployment of renewable energy as a future income source for property owners, residential & business communities and as an export commodity
The seminar is intended for all major stakeholders in a construction industry such as: the Project Owners/ Developers from the Government and Private Sectors, the Engineers, the Contractor. The seminar is also very applicable to Consulting Engineers and Architects, Quantity Surveyors, etc.
The participants in this seminar will get to earn an equivalent continuing education unit (CEU) in the GSAS – Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programme. The CEU is a demonstration of personal commitment to your career and profession and is a mandatory credentialing requirement for maintenance and career progression for GSAS-Certified Green Professionals (GSAS-CGP).
The fee to attend the seminar is QR750 per person. Online payment available at [email protected]