The American Chamber of Commerce Qatar (AmCham Qatar), in partnership with the Embassy of the United States of America, today launched Discover America – USA Week Qatar, an inaugural celebration of American culture, commerce and friendship in Qatar.
The one-week festival kicks off on American President’s Day, lasting for one week from 16 to 22 February 2015. From a high-level seminar for business leaders to an authentic American chili cook-off, USA Week Qatar has something for everyone to enjoy.
Organizers announced USA Week’s official line-up at a press conference held today:
- A special edition of AmCham Qatar’s Distinguished Speaker Series will be held 17 February, featuring Rodney Slater, US Secretary of Transportation under President Clinton, speaking on US infrastructure and transportation investment opportunities.
- A half day seminar on Doing Business in the US will be held February 18 in partnership with Qatar Chamber of Commerce. The seminar is aimed at Qatari companies and business people looking to invest in the US or expand their business there. The line-up will feature prominent experts and lobbyists, offering deep intelligence and insight into the US economy, tax and legal systems.
- AmCham and Middle East Business Solutions’ (MEBS) will host the First Annual Chili Cook-off on 21 February. Chili will be judged on spiciness, flavor and originality in a blind taste test, guaranteeing a fun day for the whole family.
- AmCham Qatar’s Fifth Annual Golf Tournament will take place 22 February. The highly-anticipated tournament is held at the Doha Golf Club each year. Approximately 70 golfers will play 18 holes of Texas Scramble, competing for major prizes in multiple categories, including Longest Drive and Closest Shot to the Pin.
- Screening of Classic American Films (16-17February at 5:30 pm) Hosted at the Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU) Student Center in partnership with NU-Q, residents are invited to enjoy the magic of the movies at special screenings of American movie classics.
Her Excellency Dana Shell Smith, the US Ambassador to Qatar, Robert Hager, Chairman of AmCham Qatar and other officials were present at the press conference.
Follow the conversation on Discover America – USA Week Qatar by using the official hashtag #USAWEEKQATAR, visit AmCham Qatar’s website for more information.