Doha Learning Week, Qatar’s first education festival, organised by the World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE), an initiative of Qatar Foundation (QF), announced several activities for Monday, 13 November including workshops, sessions, debates, and the first WISE humanitarian hackathon.
- The Supreme Committee for Delivery and Legacy continues its four-day football activity at Katara, from 10 am – 9 pm.
- Qatar Career Development Centre, a member of QF, also continues its awareness campaign in Katara on Career Counseling and Academic Guidance. The event takes place all day.
- INJAZ will host a one-day innovation camp for 60 students of all ages to encourage them to identify solutions and business opportunities addressing a specific environmental, social, or business challenge. The event will take place at Katara Building 15.
- WISE and the Education Development Institute, part of the QF Pre-University Education, will introduce the Agile Leadership Programme for principals and executive teams from various schools. The programme, taking place at the Qatar National Convention Centre (QNCC) from 8 am – 3 pm, is designed to build school leadership capabilities for high-impact change and improved student outcomes.
- Bedaya Centre and ibTECHar will continue their educational bus tours around Doha.
- As part of its annual Learners’ Voice Program, WISE will host its first Humanitarian Hackathon. The two-day event invites local participants to join members of the international Learners’ Voice Program to hack a challenge in a refugee camp, and offer practical solutions. The event is at the QNCC from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm.
- Reach Out To Asia will resume its annual conference, MENA Capacity Building for Youth and Humanitarian Action, at the Education City Student Centre from 9 am – 8 pm.
- Msheireb Museums will hold a workshop to engage students, 10 to 13 years old, on sustainability and cultural authenticity. The event is taking place at Msheireb Museums, from 9 am – 5 pm.
- Doha British School is hosting a session titled What is the Meaning of Education? from 11 am – 1:30 pm.
- K-12 students can join QatarDebate workshops for English and Arabic speakers. The event is at the Education City Student Centre, from 4 pm – 7 pm.
- Doha Debates will hold a special alumni debate for those who were key participants in the past. The event is taking place at Northwestern University in Qatar, Education City, from 7 pm.
Visit the WISE website for more information about the 2017 WISE Summit.