Education City Golf Club Hosts 2nd Commercial Bank Par 3 Junior Pro AM
The Education City Golf Club recently organised the 2nd Commercial Bank Par 3 Junior Pro-AM, seen as a key component in developing and encouraging children to play golf on the course with local PGA professionals.
Education City Golf Club has been developing a robust golf development programme over the past few years. It now sees more than 100 children actively playing and learning golf.
Commercial Bank Play to Par Program
In 2020, the golf club introduced a junior programme called Play to Par which was designed to focus on providing children with a playing mindset by setting targets and goals for progression. As the child improves and develops golf skills, the targets are stretched to progressive attainable levels by introducing course playing skills.
With the continuous support of Commercial Bank, Education City Golf Club organised the Juniors 2nd tournament on the Par 3 Course. This Pro-Am tournament, held on 25 September, was created to support the development of children golfers in Qatar.
Socially distanced golf games with four participants in each group took part in a friendly competition. A warm but great afternoon on the golf course, with fantastic golf skills from all the promising golf talents.
According to Education City Golf Club General Manager Michael Braidwood, the Commercial Bank Play to Par Program has been progressing beyond their expectations.
We now have a vibrant Junior golf membership and programme with children as young as five years old actively playing on the golf course.
Braidwood said that the key has been in the implementation of shorter tee markers, which makes the game more enjoyable for beginners and more manageable for juniors to compete against each other.
The tournament winners were as follows:
- 1st Place: Nico James-Visser Pro, Daniil Sokolov, Ryan Holland-Flynn, Otto Bulow / -29
- 2nd Place: Pratyush Jain Pro, Emile Gonzalvez, Nelson Guo / -24
- 3rd Place: Rhys Beecher Pro, Aayat Shah, Chloe McLelland, Maya Markovic/ – 22
- Nearest the Pin Hole 1: Roland Guo
- Nearest the Pin Hole 2: Daniil Sokolov
- Nearest the Pin Hole 3: Aayat Shah
- Nearest the Pin Hole 4: Daniil Sokolov
- Nearest the Pin Hole 5: Otto Bulow
- Nearest the Pin Hole 6: Nelson Guo
- Nearest the Pin Hole 7: Cara Cameron
- Nearest the Pin Hole 8: Fedor Sokolov
- Nearest the Pin Hole 9: Elizabeth Dodds
For more information about the Education City Golf Club, visit ecgolf.com.
Check out Marhaba’s FREE e-Guides for everything you need to know about Qatar.