Education City Golf Club Hosts Inaugural Qatar Foundation Golf Championship
The Education City Golf Club recently hosted the first Qatar Foundation Golf Championship event, bringing together more than 100 individuals from 15 different Qatar Foundation entities for a fun and engaging tournament.
The tournament, which took place earlier this month, was supported by Alfardan Premier Motors, the official retailer of Jaguar Land Rover in Qatar.
Alfardan Premier Motors General Manager Samer Bou Dargham said they are proud to support the Qatar Foundation Golf Championship at Education City Golf Club, as the club has become a ‘hub’ for sporting excellence in Qatar.
The tournament saw 22 teams compete in a four-person scramble format. Across the day, a number of different challenges took place, including a putting competition, nearest the pin and longest drive.
According to Rhys Beecher, Director of Golf at Education City Golf Club, their goal is to encourage active participation in sport. Many teams competed with novice golfers with limited golf experience. He said they aim to build on these events in the future and encourage community engagement further.
Team Category Winners
- First Place: Sung Min ‘Mitch’ Chu, Ji Won ‘Rachel’ Park, Tarik Al Aloosy
- Second Place: Theo Scheepers, Johnny Brand, Stephen Mclean, Renier Breitenbach
- Third Place: Paul Kelly Anton Dickenson, Naeem Nanji, Trevor Harris
- Putting Competition: Trevor Harris
- Longest Putt Hole 18: Dwayne Smith
- Nearest the Pin Ladies Hole 4: Ji Won ‘Rachel’ Park
- Nearest the Pin Mens Hole 12: Jesse Payne
- Longest Drive Mens Hole 6: Graeme Vincent
- Longest Drive Ladies Hole 13: Sharon Hendriks
For more information about the Education City Golf Club, visit ecgolf.com.