Aspire Zone Foundation (AZF) has finalised their preparations for the 7th edition of Qatar’s Strongest Man, scheduled to take place this Friday, 13 December, 4 pm at Aspire Park.
From 19 participants, only eight of the strongest entrants who successfully completed the physical challenges will proceed to the actual competition.
The eight finalists will have to go through five challenges:
- Conan’s Wheel – contestants must lift and carry a 180 kg bar on a rotating platform
- Sand Bag Lifting – contestants take sand bags off a box and place them on high stands
- Giant Wheel Tyre Flipping – athletes must flip a 120-kg tyre down a 25-metre course
- Truck Pulling – athletes must pull a six-tonne truck for 25 metres
- Axle Press – athletes must lift the axle from the floor to overhead
What makes this edition stand out is the new Axle Press challenge, regarded as a distant cousin of the Olympic lift.
Aspire Zone has successfully transformed this championship into an exciting competition that has become immensely popular in Qatar’s sports-loving society. On the day of the QSM competition, AZF will also organise a series of accompanying community activities for families to enjoy. There will be a fan zone with functions and sports activities for kids, in addition to food and beverage.
For more information, visit aspirezone.qa.