- This event has passed.
GECF Annual Workshop on Promotion of Natural Gas Demand
July 9 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
The Annual Workshop on Promotion of Natural Gas Demand is a premier industry event and is designed to empower professionals and observers in the field of gas market, for them to gain a deeper understanding of the market conditions and think collectively on the prospects of natural gas as the fuel of choice for sustainable development.
Guest speakers will utilise the platform to exchange ideas and share best practices in monetising natural gas in key markets and sectors. They will also touch on the complexities brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The workshop will be held with participation of these distinguished guests:
▪ HE Gabriel Mbaga Obiang Lima / Minister of Mines and Hydrocarbons of Equatorial Guinea
▪ Joe M Kang / President, International Gas Union
▪ N J Ayuk / Executive Chairman, African Energy Chamber
▪ Magdy Galal / Chairman, Egyptian Natural Gas Holding Company (EGAS)
▪ Shamsairi Mohd Ibrahim / VP – LNG Marketing and Trading, Petronas
Event Host: GECF Secretary General, HE Yury Sentyurin
The 2019 edition of the workshop was held with support from Qatar University and GECF partners, peers, counterparts, and the academia. The 2018 version was held at the GECF headquarters and was attended by delegates from the Forum’s Member Countries.