Education City Golf Club is participating in the first ever Golf and Health week launched by the governing body of golf – the R&A or The Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews, a dedicated campaign to raise awareness on the health benefits of golf for people of all ages and abilities. This campaign is carried out globally.
The first ever Golf and Health Week will aim to encourage golfers, non-golfers and lapsed golfers into taking part in the sport. A number of health-related themes will be promoted during the week-long campaign, including, fitness, mental health, disability golf, golf for everyone and nutrition.
• 15 April (Monday) Fitness – Free Screening to determine a fit for golf plan: 5 pm to 7 pm / Centre of Excellence Gym with Anthony Caira
• 16 April (Tuesday) Mental health – Yoga for golf, getting into Mindfulness: 5 pm to 7 pm / Centre of Excellence gym with Rachel Choi
• 17 April (Wednesday) Disability golf – Awareness
• 18 April (Thursday) Golf for everyone – Free access to the ECGC driving range including free instruction for first timers: 6 pm to 8 pm on the driving range, one pro available to give tips, free balls only for beginners / people with beginners
• 19 April (Friday) Club level – Nutrition for golf seminar and BMI screening /complimentary consultation with Sama Medical Care: 15-Minute talk from Anthony on the hour – 10 am, 11 am, 12 pm plus walk-in consultation with Sama Medical Care
The collaborative campaign will be promoted across digital and social media channels using the hashtag #GolfHealthWeek and include content focused on highlighting the physical and mental health benefits of playing golf and projects being delivered by golf bodies and clubs. For more information, visit the Education City Golf Club website at ecgolf.com.