- This event has passed.
Hiwaraat Conference Series: Sustaining the Oasis
12 November - 13 November
Sustaining the Oasis: Envisioning the Future of Water Security in the Gulf
The conference will highlight sustainable solutions that resonate with the economic and human needs of the region, while also protecting fragile ecosystems.
The participant lineup includes
▪ Dr Peter Marra, Dean of the Earth Commons Institute, Georgetown University in Washington, DC
▪ Dr Raha Hakimdavar, Senior Advisor, Earth Commons and GU-Q
▪ Dr Deema Al Masri, Senior Policy Associate, Earthna
▪ Dr Sami Al Ghamdi, Associate Professor, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST)
▪ Dr Essam Heggy, Chief Scientist and Research Director of the Earth Science Program, QEERI
▪ Dr Youssef Wehbe, Chief Science Officer, Weather Modification International
▪ Dr Jenny Lawler, Senior Research Director of the Water Center, QEERI
▪ Sheikha Nouf Mubarak bin Saif Al-Thani, Qatar Museums
For the full list of participants and conference programme, visit hiwaraat.qatar.georgetown.edu.