#QatarCreates: Talks is an extensive programme of panel talks organised to celebrate the opening of the highly anticipated National Museum of Qatar (NMoQ). The programme is set to give the public in Doha access to a variety of leading cultural figures, from Qatar and the world, who will share their thoughts and experiences on art, culture, heritage and fashion.
Renowned international experts have been flown in to take part in the series, including world-renowned fashion designer Monique Lhuillier, British artist Liam Gillick, Laurence des Cars, Director of the Musée d’Orsay in Paris and several others.
• Public Art and Cultural Heritage – Fire Station / 25 March, 5 pm to 6:30 pm
• From the Art School to the Art World – VCUarts Qatar / 25 March, 4 pm to 5:30 pm
• Museums of Modern Art: Current Trends, East and West – Mathaf / 26 March, 11 am to 12:30 pm
• Dressing for the Red Carpet – MIA / 26 March, 11 am to 12:30 pm
• Women’s Gaze in Art and Life – MIA / 26 March, 2:30 pm to 4 pm
• Architecture as the Face of a Nation – QNL / 27 March, 1 pm to 2:30 pm
• Great Museums of the Word – NMoQ / 28 March, 11 am to 12:30 pm
• The Art of Engagement – NMoQ / 28 March, 4 pm to 5:30 pm
• National Museum of Qatar Art Films – NMoQ / 28 March, 6 pm – 9 pm
• In Conversation: HE Sheikha Al Mayassa and Diana Von Furstenberg – QNL / 29 March, 2 pm to 3 pm
• Arab Art Today – Mathaf / 29 March, 5 pm – 6:30 pm (Panel will be in Arabic)
Full details available at nmoq.org.qa.
Cover Image: The largest work to date of French artist Jean-Michel Othoniel titled ALFA, situated on the lagoon within the surrounding landscaped park of the new National Museum of Qatar. It includes 114 individual black fountains that resemble Arabic calligraphy or tall reeds that are used as pens by calligraphers. Photo by Othoniel Studio / Martin Argyroglo.