Then here is just a sample of the festive offerings to tempt you, in and around Doha over the next week or so…
- Qatar Philharmonic Orchestra’s family concert performance of Humperdinck’s fairy-tale opera Hansel and Gretel. Sung in German, narrated in English and complete with costumed performers this show will appeal to all ages. Book your tickets now for performances on Thursday 13 December. Visit the website
- On the trail of gingerbread houses to show the children? Head over to The Ritz-Carlton, Doha to visit a life-sized version just by The Lagoon restaurant
- Coffee Mornings in Winter Wonderland – journey into the lobby of The St Regis Doha between 8 am and noon from now until 24 December for a festive brew and a cookie for QR49
- The Gourmet Festive Show featuring at THE One restaurant in Landmark – enjoy a two or three course meal with a complimentary glass of mulled punch or coffee for QR85-99. Available until 29 December
- Looking to buy all your favourite festive specialities, such as imported Italian Panettone, German Stollen, Scottish fudge, French shortbread, Dundee cake, gingerbread houses, home-made mince pies and more? Festive treats, available from Quick Bites at The West End Doha at the Renaissance Doha City Center Hotel until 31 December
- Want to see some spectacular, sparkling Christmas Trees? The Four Seasons and Sharq Village and Spa have both celebrated the lighting of their Christmas Trees
More festive events to follow soon – keep in touch.