FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ Traffic and Transportation Advisories
The Ministry of Interior (MOI), has released the following advisories, with accompanying maps to clarify the newly-announced traffic and transportation regulations to ensure the smooth flow of traffic and avoid congestion on roads leading to any of the World Cup stadiums.
- Corniche Street will be dedicated to PEDESTRIANS ONLY from 1 November until 19 December.
- Scooters, motorbikes and bicycles are not allowed in the streets and parks along the Corniche as indicated on the map. Boats and marine vessels are, however, allowed to operate provided they stay away from the secured area.
- Several parking spaces will not be available during the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™. These are Souq Waqif, Al Shuyookh Mosque, Al Bidda (opposite Rayyan Street and opposite Al Istiqlal Street), Qatar Post, and all parking spaces within the diversion area.
- There will be a dedicated lane for authorised vehicles including public buses and taxis on A-Ring Road. No other vehicles can use this lane throughout the day during the tournament.
- If you are going to Banana Island during the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™, you are advised to park your vehicle at the Park and Ride facility in Umm Ghuwailina and from there, you can use the shuttle bus services. Those arriving from Hamad International Airport can use the shuttle bus service from there.
- Vehicles ALLOWED on A Ring and B Ring roads and on roads and intersections that lead to the two roads during the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ are: vehicles with WHITE private transport plates, buses with 15 seats or less, refrigerated transportation vehicles, and light vehicles with BLACK transport plates registered personally.
- Vehicles NOT ALLOWED on A Ring and B Ring roads and on roads and intersections that lead to the two roads during the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ are all kinds of trucks, all kinds of pickup (except refrigerated vehicles), buses with more than 15 seats, and vehicles with BLACK transport plates registered under the name of a private company.
- Only authorized vehicles are allowed access to the marine vessels parking at the Corniche through the Park and Ride parking facility at Umm Ghuwailina and the Dhow Harbour from Grand Hamad Street.
For more FIFA-related updates and information, please visit Marhaba’s special Qatar 2022 page.
Check out Marhaba’s FREE e-Guides for everything you need to know about Qatar.