Saving energy, delivering ‘localised’ architecture and implementing innovative facades design are the key areas to be covered in the 5th Annual Façade Design and Engineering Middle East.
The high-level networking conference, taking place in Doha, Qatar on 25 – 26 February 2013 at the InterContinental Doha, will bring together professionals across the construction industry including government officials, developers, main Contractors, consultants, designers and architects.
At the two-day event designers and engineers will discuss the emerging face of structures from stadiums to green buildings and how innovative and ground-breaking facades can turn them into iconic buildings that capture the imagination of users and onlookers.
A presentation by Mark Fenwick, partner at RFA Iribarren Architects, will open the summit. He will talk about Qatar’s FIFA World Cup 2022 stadiums serving as futurist sports venues by using the Education City Stadium as a case study.
New for 2013:
- 20+ hours of networking time during the conference
- New international and regional case studies from sports, hospitality, airport and healthcare from leading façade experts
- Technology updates and demo sessions
- VIP networking cocktail reception in the evening of day one
- Certificates of attendance and special prize draws
Key topics to be discussed at the event
- Mixing architectural styles and delivering ‘localised’ energy-efficient facade designs
- Analysing acoustic performance of facades to deliver highly performing building envelopes
- Discussing facade lighting designs and media facades to modernise and iconise buildings
- Implementing green building practices in the 21st century facade architecture
- Developing a philosophy for eco-facade engineering through technical innovations
For more information, visit Facade Design and Engineering Middle East’s website