Fifty One East has officially opened in the new Lagoona Mall!
Named after the latitude that Doha is on, Fifty One East was established in the late 40s, and was the first Middle Eastern luxury store of its kind. Bader Abdullah Al-Darwish, the Chairman of Darwish Holding said he was extremely proud to see the end results of five year’s hard work. He said that Fifty One East is a “significant milestone of the retail industry in the region” as its a high end department store, on a scale which Qatar has not seen before.
Marhaba was invited along to the Grand Opening on Sunday 20th and 1500 people attended. Although the mall is not fully occupied yet, it centres around Fifty One East, Qatar’s premier department store, which won the Best Retail Project 2011 by Arabian Business. It’s a very elegant and spacious mall, designed by international architect Mike Wilkins with the Arabian Gulf in mind; it’s modernism blended with the essence of the Middle East.
The evening was a big success; Fifty One East was crowded with journalists, Arabic actors and everyone got a good look around at all the different levels and the artistic displays.
TOP FIVE REASONS TO VISIT FIFTY ONE EAST
- It’s a Qatari department store; one of a kind!
- Fifty One East has lots of different labels that you won’t find anywhere else
- It has plenty of parking; always an issue here in Doha
- It’s a very spacious, calm shop and very artistically laid out
- The Technology Zone is amazing; a technophile’ s dream