The much awaited food trucks will start serving “in the coming weeks” on Museum of Islamic Art grounds. This announcement by Qatar Museums (QM) is part of an intiative with Qatar Development Bank (QDB) to support the development of SMEs and the private sector in Qatar.
The partnership between QM and QDB was launched earlier this year, calling on SMEs across Qatar in the fields of hospitality, food and beverage, merchandising, retail and creative products and design to develop and submit business ideas for the chance to join QM and QDB’s growing supply chain.
The six winners will host their first visitors in the coming weeks, just in time for the start of the busy fall exhibition season. Additional food operators will be selected for future QM sites in the coming months.
The winners are:
- Doha Bus Café: Doha Bus Café will utilise the popular Doha hop-on-off bus, offering a delicious range of Qatari fusion food and beverages.
- Coffee-Bike: Café will offer own rich tasting Organic Coffee, fresh juices, healthy smoothies, in addition to signature sandwiches and desserts.
- Dareen Sweets: Dareen Sweets will offer sweet and salty biscuits, cakes and a selection of hot and cold drinks.
- Ice Rolls: Coming to Doha from the streets of Thailand, Ice Rolls will be the first Qatari concept offering customers rolled ice cream in cups.
- Burger and Burmait: Burger and Burmait will offer a selection of authentic American food with a local twist. Their fresh and handmade American style burgers will be created using locally sourced ingredients.
- Poori & Karak: Poori & Karak will offer a wide range of Indian Chapatti, Poori and Paratha sandwiches.