Hamad Medical Corporation’s Blood Bank is in urgent need of O+ blood.
Potential blood donors can visit the Blood Bank – located near Hamad General Hospital – Sunday to Thursday 7 am to 9.30 pm and Saturday 9am to 9pm.
By donating blood, one person can save the lives of as many as three people.
Before donating blood you must ensure:
- You are in good health and feel well on the day of the donation.
- You have no chronic diseases of the heart, lungs or circulatory system.
- You are at least 18 years old, and you weigh at least 50 kg.
- You have a hemoglobin level at least 12.5 grams/decilitre.
- You have blood pressure systolic between 100 and 160, diastolic 60 to 100 torr.
- You have a regular pulse between 60 and 100, and oral temperature less than or equal to 37.5°C.
- You must inform the medical staff if you are taking any medication.
For more information contact HMC’s Blood Bank on 4439 1081 or 4439 1082.