COVID-19 has us all worried – especially about visiting or staying at hotels.
All of the hotels in Qatar have your safety in mind, and you can be assured they are doing their utmost by following the instructions of the government and health organisations.
Although all restaurants and cafes, gyms and are closed at all hotels. Hotels are still busy welcoming visitors (who came in before HIA stopped welcoming tourists due to the outbreak of COVID-19) and residents alike.
Here’s how some of Qatar’s leading hotels are doing to ensure your safety:
Centara West Bay
Centara West Bay Residences & Suites Doha continues to closely monitor the coronavirus situation around the clock. They are also working closely with the Ministry of Public Health to stay abreast of important developments and necessary precautions to ensure the hotel is secure and protected from the recent outbreak.
All of the hotel’s employees have received training in coronavirus prevention and based on guidelines issued by the World Health Organisation (WHO) as well as recommended the Ministry of Public Health.
Centara West Bay acted immediately in preparing a range of safety measures throughout the hotel property including:
- Installed hand sanitising stations for guest convenience at all hotel entrances, reception desk, public areas, public restrooms, parking levels, guest elevators and outlets
- Every employee, visitor, supplier or outside company representative when entering/leaving the hotel is being temperature screened and must use hand sanitiser
- Increased cleaning frequencies of all guest public areas such as toilets, elevators, handrails and door handles, as well as sanitising of other outlets such as kitchen, front desk, food and beverage outlets including in-room dining service and hotel guest vehicles
- Bellboys, security and valet are trained to provide sanitiser to all guests and themselves use sanitiser minimum every 30 minutes
- Notices in public areas to inform guests about the current situation and protective measures they can take
- VDO are screened on all hotel screens in elevators, public areas and in-room TV system and shared on external media showcasing measures in place to encourage greater awareness
- All guests are monitored for signs and symptoms upon check-in
- The hotel provides private transportation for each employee to avoid using public transportation including taxi/uber
- Several third-party service companies have been relocated to hotel employee accommodation for added control procedures
- VDO safety in all outlets, public spaces for internal and external media
In terms of business aspects:
- F&B Promotion: Promoting to in-house guests with new menu tailored for families to support dining service with family sharing platters, in-room ‘Happy Hour’ at reduced rates to support guests
- Additional delivery and takeaway service: Takeaway deals partnered with foods application including Entertainer, Mybook, Urbanpoint and hotel delivery service within West Bay
- Delivery food hygiene VDO to show their food preparing process from the kitchen delivery to the guest room and doorstep
The hotel promotes ‘hygiene trust’ within the hotel for their guests and employees to feel comfortable while staying and working here due to their hygiene processes the hotel has implemented and communicated; this has resulted in a sustainable occupancy result.
Dusit Doha Hotel
Besides briefing and training the employees about the virus and closely monitoring their health with daily temperature checks, Dusit Doha Hotel ensures that its hotel staff are wearing face masks and regularly using hand sanitisers. The hotel has also increased regular disinfection of guest room facilities and public areas, including areas of frequent contact such as tables, doorknobs/handles, telephones, remote controls, air conditioning control units, and electrical devices. Public restrooms and elevators are being disinfected every 30 minutes.
- Hygienic hand sanitisers have been placed in key public areas throughout the property, such as the front desk counter and the elevator lobby from all entrances
- Antibacterial soap can be found in all public restrooms
- A non-contact thermometer is also available upon request, should you wish to check your temperature
They have extended in-room dining special discounts so you can enjoy your favourite dishes from Taste and Benjarong, and refrain from leaving your home or dealing with third-party delivery services and introduced takeaway menus available 24/7 for all their guests.
In the unlikely event that you feel unwell during your stay, please alert reception, or the nearest member of staff to deliver the timely and professional care you need.
Millennium Plaza Doha
- All staff with guest contacts are mandated to wear face masks, excluding front office and admin
- Sanitisers are installed in all public spaces
- Frequent disinfecting of public spaces such as elevators, stairways, door handles… every 30 minutes
- In-room food servers are strictly mandated to wear masks and hand gloves
- Thermal scanning and recording for all staff, visitors, suppliers and subcontractors
Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha
Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha is taking the necessary measures to ensure your safety. Firstly, of course, they are following all the recommendations issued by the Ministry of Public Health regarding the coronavirus, as well as personal protective measures from WHO and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in the US. This entails frequently cleaning hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water, avoiding physical contact, and maintaining a social distance – staff are to be at least one metre away from another person.
The hotel has installed hand sanitisers around various points of the property – at the entrances, at each reception desk, bar, restaurant, banqueting and meeting space, the business centre, the fitness centre, and at loading bays. You’ll see the valets sanitising their hands after handling luggage, and doormen wearing rubber gloves.
Guest rooms will also have bathrooms sterilised, along with surfaces and other amenities. Room attendants will be spending longer in each room to ensure thorough cleaning, and have been provided with hairnets, masks and gloves.
In the event of a suspected case in the hotel, there are comprehensive guidelines regarding notifying the authorities and the immediate actions to be taken.
Copyright © Marhaba Information Guide. Reproduction of material from Marhaba Information Guide’s book or website without written permission is strictly prohibited. Using Marhaba Information Guide’s material without authorisation constitutes as plagiarism as well as copyright infringement.