According to Qatar News Agency (QNA), HH The Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani has appointed two individuals as Deputy Emir and Chief of Emiri Diwan on Tuesday 11 November 2014.
HH The Emir issued Emiri order No 4 of 2014, appointing his half-brother HH Sheikh Abdullah bin Hamad Al Thani as Deputy Emir of the State of Qatar and issued Emiri order No 5 for 2014, appointing HE Sheikh Khalid bin Khalifa bin Abdul Aziz Al Thani as Chief of the Emiri Diwan. The order is applicable from its date of issue as is to be published in the official gazette.
This is the first time a Deputy Emir and Chief of Emiri Diwan have been appointed since HH Sheikh Tamim became the Emir of Qatar. In June 2013, HH, The Father Emir of Qatar, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani decided to step down and transfer power to his 34-year-old son, HH Sheikh Tamim. HH The Emir named a new Cabinet the day after becoming the Emir of the State of Qatar in June 2013.
Dr Mohammed bin Saleh Al Sada and Dr Hamad bin Abdul Aziz Al Kuwari both retained their positions as Minister of Energy and Industry and Minister of Culture, Arts and Heritage respectively. Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa Al Thani was unveiled as the new Prime Minister and Interior Minister, replacing the long‐serving Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim Al Thani. Sheikh Ahmed bin Jassim Al Thani resigned as head of the Al Jazeera Media Network to take up the post of Minister of Economy and Trade. Dr Hessa Al Jaber became Qatar’s third female minister, and previously headed state telecom and technology regulator, ictQatar. She has been named one of the Arab world’s most powerful women.
The full list of Qatar’s cabinet of ministers:
- HE Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa Al Thani, Prime Minister and Interior Minister
- HE Ahmed bin Abdullah bin Zaid Al Mahmoud, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of State for Cabinet Affairs
- HE Dr Khalid bin Mohamed Al Attiyah, Foreign Minister
- HE Maj Gen Hamad bin Ali Al Attiyah, Minister of State for Defence Affairs, and Cabinet member
- HE Sheikh Abdulrahman bin Khalifa bin Abdulaziz Al Thani, Minister of Municipality and Urban Planning
- HE Dr Mohammed bin Saleh Al Sada, Minister of Energy and Industry
- HE Ali Sherif Al Emadi, Minister of Finance
- HE Dr Hamad bin Abdul Aziz Al Kuwari, Minister of Culture, Arts and Heritage
- HE Abdullah bin Khalid Al Qahtani, Minister of Public Health
- HE Dr Ghaith bin Mubarak Al Kuwari, Minister of Endowments (Awqaf) and Islamic Affairs
- HE Salah bin Ghanem bin Nasser Al Ali, Minister of Youth and Sports
- HE Sheikh Ahmed bin Jassim bin Mohamed Al Thani, Minister of Economy and Trade
- HE Dr Hassan Lahdan Saqr Al Mohannadi, Minister of Justice
- HE Dr Issa Saad Al Jafali Al Nuaimi, Minister of Administrative Development
- HE Dr Hessa Sultan Al Jaber, Minister of Communication and Information Technology (right, bottom)
- HE Dr Saleh Mohamed Salem Al Nabit, Minister of Development Planning and Statistics
- HE Mohammed Abdul Wahed Ali Al Hammadi, Minister of Education and Higher Education
- HE Abdullah Saleh Mubarak Al Khulaifi, Minister of Labour and Social Affairs
- HE Ahmed Amer Mohamed Al Humaidi, Minister of Environment
- HE Jassim Seif Ahmed Al Sulaiti, Minister of Transport
Copyright © Marhaba Information Guide. Reproduction of material from Marhaba Information Guide’s book or website without written permission is strictly prohibited. Using Marhaba Information Guide’s material without authorisation constitutes as plagiarism as well as copyright infringement.