HMC Appeals for O Positive and O Negative Blood Donations
Hamad Medical Corporation’s Blood Bank is in need of O positive and O negative blood donations.
The requirements for blood donation are as follows:
- You need to be in good health and feel well on the day of the donation.
- You cannot have any chronic diseases of the heart, lungs or circulatory system.
- You need to be at least 18 years old, and weigh at least 50 kilograms.
- You need to have a haemoglobin level at least 12.5 grams/deciliter.
- You need to have blood pressure systolic between 100 and 160, diastolic 60 to 100 torr.
- You need to have a regular pulse between 60 and 100, and an oral temperature less than or equal to 37.5C.
- You must inform the medical staff if you are taking any medication.
- Women who are pregnant, breastfeeding or menstruating are not allowed to donate blood.
- If you have traveled to certain countries in the previous six months, you may not be allowed to make a donation.
Donations can be made from 7 am—9 pm, Sunday to Thursday at the HMC Blood Bank near Hamad General Hospital. For more information, call +974 44391081 or +974 44391082.