Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC) is welcoming a host of visiting consultants from various medical specialities this August.
The visits are part of HMC’s effort to provide patients with additional access to international experts and to continue to enhance the quality of healthcare services in its hospitals. The visiting consultants include:
- Dr Helmuth Billy, a highly-experienced Bariatric and Metabolic Specialist from Ventura Advanced Surgical Associates in Thousand Oaks, California. Dr Billy is visiting from 11 to 19 August. He is the Director of the Centre for Bariatric Surgery at St John’s Regional Medical Centre in Oxnard, California;
- Dr Gert Van Assche, a Gastroenterology expert and Division Head of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at University Hospitals Leuven in Leuven, Belgium. Dr Van Assche is visiting from 16 to 19 August;
- Dr Michel Onimus, a French Orthopedic Surgery Specialist will be in Qatar from 16 to 23 August. Dr Onimus has regularly visited HMC since 1999;
- Dr Chris Langrish, a Consultant Intensivist and Anesthetist from Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust in England, and will visit from 21 to 23 August;
- Dr Ali Kindawi, a Cardiothoracic Surgeon from Freeman Hospital in Newcastle, England will visit from 28 August to 3 September. Dr Kindawi was previously employed as a Senior Cardiac Surgeon Consultant at HMC’s Heart Hospital.
Other experts are scheduled to visit throughout the year as part of HMC’s focus on hosting highly-respected physicians and surgeons from around the world. Visits from international consultants enable patients to benefit from the convenience of world renowned specialists here in Qatar, sparing the need to travel abroad.
Members of the public wishing to book an appointment with one of the visiting consultants are advised to talk with their attending physician first. If your doctor agrees that an appointment with a visiting consultant is appropriate, they will provide a referral.
Check this link for more information and for the full listing of HMC’s visiting consultants.