International Speakers Lined Up for World Tourism Day 2017
Organisers of World Tourism Day (WTD) 2017 confirmed that a large number of high-level regional and international officials are set to participate in the day’s event hosted in Doha, Qatar this year.
Held under the theme Sustainable Tourism – a Tool for Development, the day will bring together representatives from tourism authorities and ministries around the world to explore tourism’s contribution to thelong-term development and sustainable growth of many countries.
Over 20 international speakers are lined up to speak during the event. These individuals are prominent personalities in the international tourism industry.
- World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) Secretary-General Taleb Rifai
- Jamaica Minister of Tourism Edmund Bartlett
- Croatia Ministry of Tourism State Secretary Frano Matušić
- Minister of Information, Culture, and Tourism of Liberia Eugene Lenn Nagbe
- Minister of Tourism of Lebanon Avedis Guidanian
- Minister of Tourism and Handicrafts of Tunisia Selma Elloumi Rekik
- UNESCO Office (Doha) Director Anna Paolini
- Minister of the State of Guanajuato, Mexico Fernando Olivera
- Indonesian Tourism Ministry Representatives
CNN International’s Max Foster will moderate the day’s panel discussions. A number of senior Qatari officials are also confirmed to speak during the full-day event which will be held at the Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel.
Hassan Al Ibrahim, QTA Chief Tourism Development Officer said they are very pleased to welcome such a large number of regional and international industry partners to Doha, on the occasion of WTD. He added that QTA is looking forward to the opportunity of learning from the experiences of other countries.
Final preparations are being made for hosting the WTD official celebrations tomorrow, 27 September. The event will be held under the patronage of Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa Al Thani, Prime Minister and Minister of Interior of the State of Qatar.
The WTD celebration will also witness the launch of the Next Chapter of the Qatar National Tourism Sector Strategy 2030 which aims to diversify tourism products, services, and visitor source markets for the sustainable growth of the sector.
For more details about World Tourism Day, visit the QTA website through this link.