Passenger and cargo traffic results recorded 83.3% load factor this October, according to a recent announcement from Turkish Airlines.
Based on Traffic Results data for the month of October 2019:
- The total number of passengers carried by Turkish Airlines increased by 1.9% or 6.6 million
- Domestic load factor was 86.2% and international load factor was 82.9%
- International-to-international transfer passengers (transit passengers) increased by 8.0%, and international passengers excluding international-to-international transit passengers increased by 9.7% compared to the same period last year. The total number of international passengers increased by 8.8% in October compared to same month of last year, the highest growth since the beginning of the year
- The flag carrier also realised double digit increases in the number of passengers from the Middle East and Far East by 11,5% and 11,4%, respectively
- Cargo/mail volume increased by 7.9%, compared to the same period of 2018. Main contributors to this growth in cargo/mail volume are Europe with 10,9%, Far East with 10.2% and North America with 4.6% increase.
January – October 2019 Traffic Results:
- Total number of passengers carried reached around 63.1 million
- Total load factor reached 81.6%. International load factor was recorded as 80.9%, while domestic load factor reached 86.4%
- International-to-international transfer passengers carried increased by 4.3%
- Cargo/mail carried during the first ten months of 2019 increased by 9.3% and reach to 1.3 million tonnes
For more information about Turkish Airlines, visit their website at turkishairlines.com.