Magnificent Purebred Arabian Horses on KIAHF’s Title Show
The show features some of the finest horses from the 12 participating countries
Colts and fillies in the Yearling and Junior categories competed in qualifying rounds.
The Title Show commenced in the presence of a number of VIPs, led by HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Khalifa Al Thani, Qatar Olympic Committee Chairman HE Sheikh Joaan bin Hamad Al Thani, HE Sheikh Thani bin Hamad Al Thani, HE Sheikh Al Qaqa bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, along with several heads and members of diplomatic missions to Qatar, including Djibouti Ambassador HE Tayeb Debd Robleh and Kenyan Ambassador HE Patrick Cornell Ananda.
Katara General Manager and Organizing Committee Chairman HE Professor Khalid Bin Ibrahim Al Sulaiti gave away the prizes to winners of the qualifying rounds. The competition was stiff as the participating horses displayed beauty and grace. The qualifying rounds will continue on until 4 February with fillies and colts competing in the three-year and four-to-six-year categories.
Finalists (3 February)
Class 1 Yearling Fillies: (Class 1A)
- 1st place: Jalyla AT (Owned by Al Dana Al Musalmani – Al Thumamah Stud) 91.25 points
- 2nd place: Namah Al Shahania (Owned by Al Shahania Stud) 90.83 points
- 3rd place: Maaly (Owned by Ebrahim bin Yusuf Al Rumaihi) 90.33 points
Class 1 Yearling Fillies: (Class 1B)
- 1st place: Rafeef Al Shaqab (Owned by Al Shaqab, member of Qatar Foundation) 91.33 points
- 2nd place: Tibrah Alnasser (Owned by Al Nasser Stud) 90.75 points
- 3rd place: Shadia Alnasser (Owned by Al Jazeel Stud) 90.75 points
Fillies 2-Year-Old: (Class 2A)
- 1st place: Celine Al Hazm (Owned by Al Hazm stud) 91.75 points
- 2nd place: Jazi Al Ashwa (Owned by Ghanem Muhammad Saleh Al Khayarin) 91.42 points
- 3rd place: Asia Al Jassim (Owned by Al Jassim Stud) 91.33 points
Fillies 2-Year-Old: (Class 2B)
- 1st place: Falak Al Shaqab (Owned by Al Shaqab, member of Qatar Foundation) 91.5 points
- 2nd place: Ghalah Al Kheesa (Owned by Ghanem Mubarak Nasser Zamil Al Kuwari) 90.75 points
- 3rd place: Rose KAS (Owned by Al Reeh Stud) 90.42 points
Festive and Safe
Sami Jassim Al Buainain, an equestrian expert and former President of the International Federation of Purebred Arabian Horse Racing Authorities and a member of the Executive Committee of the World Arabian Horse Association (WAHO), expressed his appreciation for Qatar’s strong leadership and Katara’s proficient handling of the festival.
Aside from the Title Show, the festival also features a variety of entertainment activities for visitors, including equestrian-art related exhibitions, and kiosks featuring equine equipment. The brightly lit streets illuminated with Arabian-style lighting also gives the global village an air of festivity.
To ensure the safety of all concerned, COVID-19 protocols have been put in place. Visitors must show ‘Green’ status on their Ehteraz App to be permitted in. They must wear their masks at all times and ensure that they maintain a safe social distance of two-metres from other spectators.
Visit katara.net for updates and more information about the festival.
More culture-related information about Qatar? Check out Marhaba’s FREE e-Guides.
Like and follow Marhaba’s social media accounts for the latest updates and awesome contents
Facebook: Marhaba Guide Qatar
Instagram – @marhabaguideqatar
Twitter – @MarhabaQatar
YouTube – MarhabaQatar