Marhaba Founder Receives QBBF Lifetime Achievement Award
Qatar British Business Forum (QBBF) held its annual QBBF Awards Evening 2016 last night with 180 members and guests in attendance. Winners were presented their awards by QBBF Chairman Emad Turkman, MBE and His Excellency British Ambassador to Qatar Ajay Sharma. The prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award went to Marhaba Information Guide Managing Editor and Founder, Hilary Bainbridge.
Guests enjoyed a welcome reception, three-course meal and the awards presentation at Oryx Rotana Doha. This year’s event was
sponsored by Emirates Airline who provided two return airline tickets and hotel accommodation as part of the evening’s raffle prizes. Tariq Almutawa, Country Manager in Qatar spoke about Emirates success and the growth of their organisation as well as presenting the final award of the evening, QBBF Organisation of the Year.
- QBBF Business Woman of the Year – Dr Sarah Aalders, the British International Dental Practice & Dr Sarah’s Dental Practic
- QBBF Business Man of the Year – Stefan Lindberg-Jones, Ginger Camel
- QBBF Organisation of the Year – Turner and Townsend
- QBBF Start up Business of the Year – Royal Guildford Grammar School – Qatar
- Work in the Community – Quantum Global Solutions
- Sabri Thawabi Special Recognition Award – Gordon MacKenzie, Radisson Blu
- QBBF Lifetime Achievement Award – Hilary Bainbridge, Founder & Managing Editor at Marhaba Information Guide
A huge congratulations to all the winners!