You know that feeling when Thursday rolls around and you have to think of what to cook at the weekend for the family? We will now feature a recipe a week on a Wednesday so you can plan ahead for the weekend!
Try out this fulfilling and fun recipe:
- 3 Baking Potatoes
- 1 Cup Chicken Breast*
- Lightly fried Spring Onion
- 3 Big Eggs or 4 Medium Eggs
- 150 ml skimmed Milk
- 2 cups grated cheese
- Preheat the Oven to 200C or 180C if you have a fan oven.
- Slice the baking potatoes into half and place them onto a baking tray. (Bake until it’s soft in the middle).
- Scoop the innards out and since the top of the potato will become a little crispy, cut a circle around the top leaving about 1/3 centimeter to form the “crust”. Don’t scoop out too close to the skin or it won’t be solid enough to hold the egg mixture.
- Place a small amount of cheese in the bottom of the potato.
- Mix the eggs and the milk together well and season with a little salt and pepper (to taste).
- Finely cube the chicken breast* and spring onion then fry the onion (no oil needed if you have a good non- stick pan).
- Place the chicken and onion in the bottom of the potato and fill it with the egg mixture. Leave a space at the top of the potato so the egg mixture doesn’t spill over when is starts to cook.
- Put some more grated cheese on top of the potato. If you want you can add a slice of tomato on top of the potatoes.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the egg filling is cooked through and the cheese turns golden.
*You could use pretty much anything you like as a filling – spinach, tomato, chicken…you could also try adding different herbs and even mix in a little pesto!