With most people stuck because of the lockdown, homes have become places of experimentation for home-bound dwellers. New ideas, especially ones that are shared online and are open for exploration, have become everyone’s cup of tea, or in this case, coffee.
People looking to have their caffeine fix, usually provided by their favourite coffee shops, are resorting to other homemade options. What is easy to make, requires available ingredients and tastes like coffee prepared by your friendly barista? Enter Dalgona Coffee.
Dalgona Coffee, the newest drink craze which originated from South Korea, has taken the internet by storm. It’s simple enough – only requires three ingredients – and looks really pretty on Instagram.
Marhaba’s favourite Filipino chef and entrepreneur, Chef Michelle Adrillana is sharing this easy-to-make recipe to help you get your caffeine fix right at the comfort of your own home.
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon refined sugar
- You can scale up the recipe but make sure all three ingredients are equal (1:1)
- Mix all the ingredients together and whisk with a hand blender or a wire whisk until smooth and has reached stiff peak
- Prepare a glass of milk then top it with Dalgona foam
Tip: You can have it hot or cold with a dust of cocoa powder, cinnamon powder or confectioner’s sugar on top. Will you give this foamy coffee concoction a try? Tell us what you think!
For collabs and projects, [email protected]