Motoring is one of the key sections of our guidebook. Here are the updates about the latest car models and reviews by our Motoring Expert Terry Sutcliffe and other related news:
‘A Closer Look’ Series
Marhaba’s Motoring expert Terry Sutcliffe takes a closer look at latest car models which we publish on the Motoring section of Marhaba Information Guide issue number 64. Here are some excerpts from Marhaba’s latest copy:
A Closer Look at 2016 Porsche Panamera 4S
One of the core competencies of Porsche engineers is boosting performance and efficiency. In developing the new Panamera, this led to an entirely new engine: a V6 engine with three litres displacement and biturbo charging. The V6 biturbo replaces the previous 4.8-litre V8 engine in the Panamera S and Panamera 4S, and is also used in the new Executive version of the Panamera 4S.
A Closer Look at 2016 Pajero 3.8 LWB GLS
Bold, exquisite, and elegant, the new 2016 Mitsubishi Pajero is admired on many levels, brought to life through the finest craftsmanship right down to its refined new grille and interior. The new Pajero features changes to the exterior and the interior. The front fascia, radiator grille and foglamps have been revised with more chrome effects. The higher-end models are equipped with LED daytime running lights and a new spare tyre cover. Mitsubishi have installed more sound deadening material in the interior, which also has more metallic trim for the higher grade variants. The VRII will have a piano black centre console and accent trims while the Exceed and Super Exceed will have a wood grain centre and accent trims.
Volkswagen Spring Check-up
The 2016 Monster Energy FIM Motocross World Championship kicked off its eighteen-race run around the world this weekend in Losail, Qatar. On a specially-built course in desert of the Middle East and under the lights at Losail Circuit, riders in the MXGP and MX2 ranks were determined to establish their rank in the running order. By the end of the evening, a multi-time champion reaffirmed his hold over one class while an eager rookie took a surprising win in his new class.
MXGP Top Ten Overall & Current Point Standings
1. Tim Gajser (SLO, HON), 50 points
2. Romain Febvre (FRA, YAM), 42 pts
3. Evgeny Bobryshev (RUS, HON), 42 pts
4. Jeremy Van Horebeek (BEL, YAM), 34 pts
5. Antonio Cairoli (ITA, KTM), 33 pts
6. Shaun Simpson (GBR, KTM), 30 pts
7. Tommy Searle (GBR, KAW), 25 pts
8. Kevin Strijbos (BEL, SUZ), 25 pts
9. Glenn Coldenhoff (NED, KTM), 25 pts
10. Maximilian Nagl (GER, HUS), 24 pts
MX2 Overall & Top Ten Point Standings
1. Jeffrey Herlings (NED, KTM), 50 points
2. Dylan Ferrandis (FRA, KAW), 44 pts
3. Pauls Jonass (LAT, KTM), 40 pts
4. Jeremy Seewer (SUI, SUZ), 34 pts
5. Brent Van doninck (BEL, YAM), 31 pts
6. Petar Petrov (BUL, KAW), 30 pts
7. Aleksandr Tonkov (RUS, YAM), 30 pts
8. Samuele Bernardini (ITA, TM), 25 pts
9. Brian Bogers (NED, KTM), 17 pts
10. Jens Getteman (BEL, KTM), 17 pts
2016 FIM Women’s Motocross World Championship
A lovely summer night race made for a memorable opener to the 2016 FIM Women’s Motocross World Championship for WMX rookie, fresh out of New Zealand, Courtney Duncan who stole the show out on the impressive man made circuit of Losail, Qatar to win the round with a massive double race victory.
1. Courtney Duncan (NZL, YAM), 50 points
2. Livia Lancelot (FRA, KAW), 44 points
3. Nancy Van De Ven (NED, YAM), 38 points
4. Larissa Papenmeier (GER, SUZ), 34 points
5. Kiara Fontanesi (ITA, HON), 30 points
6. Natalie Kane (IRL, KTM), 30 points
7. Britt Van Der Werff (NED, SUZ), 27 points
8. Justine Charroux (FRA, YAM), 25 points
9. Amandine Verstappen (BEL, KTM), 23 points
10. Anne Borchers (GER, SUZ), 21 points
Volvo 0% Downpayment Promo
2016 Chevrolet Silverado Soon on Marhaba Information Guide
Marhaba’s Motoring Expert Terry Sutcliffe was once again out for a spin today to test drive the all-new Chevrolet Silverado.
He described it as “master of its surroundings”. He was impressed by its superior performance on any surface and capability to slide over tough terrains.
Watch out for his “A Closer Look” review in the upcoming Marhaba issue number 65 which will be out in April 2016.
Visit marhaba.qa to get more Marhaba Days of the Week weekly summary.