Nasser Bin Khaled Automobiles Launch the New Mercedes-Benz S-Class
Nasser Bin Khaled Automobiles Launch the New Mercedes-Benz S-Class
The General Manager of NBK Automobiles, Khaled Shaa’ban, said:
The new S-Class marks the beginning of a new era of modern luxury and safety in cars and the numerous innovative comfort and safety features will provide an all-new driving experience for Mercedes customers…It’s very exciting to be launching a product which showcases a host of ‘world’s firsts’ most notably the exclusive use of LED lighting throughout, which positions Mercedes as a pioneer in the lighting sector, 100 years after the first use of electronic lighting in vehicles.’
The Mercedez-Benz S-Class has been reworked for 2014 to retain the same distinctive style while enhancing safety and comfort as one. The Mercedes S-Class is the first car in the world to use only LED lighting inside and out. The new 2014 S-Class, which is available with both petrol and diesel engines, includes a range of new features such as radar sensors which offer 360 degree vision and detection system. The new S-Class provides the safest drive without compromising on comfort and new models even offer energizing massage functions, based on the hot stone principal.
About the New S-Class
With the three engineering priorities ‘Intelligent Drive’, ‘Efficient Technology’ and ‘Essence of Luxury’, the new S-Class extends the boundaries of technology on many levels.
Design: a modern take on traditional design
The new S-Class retains the distinctive classic architecture that makes Mercedes so instantly recognisable, with a modern sporty touch. The radiator grille on the new S-Class is now larger, upright and distinctly three-dimensional in design, with its long flowing bonnet, domed roof line and the gently slanting rear end, the new S-Class has classic saloon proportions in keeping with the car’s sporty coupé-style intentions.
LED technology: the first ever car without a single light bulb
The new S-Class is the first vehicle in the world to use LED lighting throughout, positioning Mercedes-Benz as a pioneer in the lighting sector, 100 years after the first use of electronic lighting in vehicles.
Drive system: class-leading efficiency in every output category
In its first year the new S-Class line-up features two petrol models Mercedes Benz S 400 and S 500.
Climate control: optimising atmosphere
In order to systematically development the entire climate control system, a particular focus was placed on performance, air quality, precise regulation, noise level and efficiency. As a new feature, the air-balance package comprises perfuming, ionisation and even more efficient filtration, compared with the standard model. Thermotronic automatic climate control in the rear has two additional zones to improve thermal comfort. Electric heating of the armrests is a completely new feature.
Seats: Centre of well-being
Another world first featured in the new S-Class is the energizing massage function, based on the hot-stone principle and active seat ventilation with reversing fans. The seat developers have paid particular attention to the rear seats. There is a choice of five different rear seat variants including an Executive seat with a backrest angle adjustable by up to 43.5 degrees, allowing occupants in the rear to concentrate on work or relax in comfort.
Extended PRE-SAFE protection: prevention is better than cure
Building upon Mercedes-Benz’ ground breaking PRE-SAFE anticipatory occupant protection system, the safety pioneer is increasing protection levels once again in the new S-Class. The new PRE-SAFE functions can help to prevent collisions with pedestrians and vehicles in front, defuse dangerous situations caused by traffic behind as well as enhancing the protection offered by the seat belts. The PRE-SAFE Brake can detect pedestrians and initiate autonomous braking to avoid a collision at speeds up to 50 km/h. PRE-SAFE PLUS can recognise an imminent rear-end collision and warn the following traffic by activating the rear hazard warning lights at a high frequency. With PRE-SAFE Impulse, the driver and front passenger are pulled away from the direction of impact by their seat belts at an early phase of the crash, which can substantially reduce the risk and severity of injuries in a frontal collision.
Mercedes-Benz Intelligent Drive: networked with all senses
Mercedes-Benz ‘Intelligent Drive’ system ensures that safety comes first without compromising on comfort. The new functions all rely on the same sensor system, with a new stereo camera together with multi-stage radar sensors.
New assistance systems include:
- DISTRONIC PLUS with Steering Assist and Stop & Go Pilot which is able to follow vehicles in traffic tailbacks semi-autonomously.
- Brake Assist system BAS PLUS with Cross-Traffic Assist to avoid rear-end collisions and collisions with crossing traffic.
- Active Lane Keeping Assist can detect oncoming traffic and, when the adjacent lane is not clear, to reduce the risk of the vehicle leaving its lane unintentionally by applying the brakes on one side.
- Adaptive High beam Assist Plus allows the high-beam headlamps to be kept on permanently without dazzling traffic by masking out other vehicles in the beams’ cone of light.
- Night View Assist Plus has been further improved and supplemented by a thermal imaging camera can alert the driver to the potential danger posed by pedestrians or animals in unlit areas in front of the vehicle by automatically switching from the speedometer to a crystal-clear night view image and highlighting the sources of danger.
- ATTENTION ASSIST can warn of inattentiveness and drowsiness in an extended speed range and notify drivers of their current state of fatigue and the driving time since the last break. It also offers an adjustable sensitivity setting and, if a warning is emitted, indicates nearby service areas in the COMAND navigation system.
- PARKING PACKAGE including 360° camera, active parking assist and reversing camera.
- MAGIC BODY CONTROL uses road surface scan to detect unevenness in the road via stereo camera located behind the windscreen while magic Body Control instantaneously adjusts the suspension to deal with the new situation
- MAGIC SKY CONTROL changes the roof panel from dark to transparent or vice versa within seconds. It reduces temperatures by 10°C, improves interior lighting and provides excellent visibility for all passengers.
- MAGIC VISION CONTROL features small spraying holes in the wiper blades that guide and dispense water to clean the windscreen.
- KEYLESS-GO PACKAGE WITH HANDS-FREE ACCESS function allows hands-off, fully automatic, opening and closing of the boot lid.
- BUSINESS TELEPHONY IN THE REAR features a convenient touch display that allows the intuitive operation of functions such as seat adjustment, conference calls and call waiting. Calls can be conveniently transferred between the driver and the rear.
- AMBIENCE LIGHTING in seven different colours and five dimming levels creates an unrivalled sense of well-being by lighting the interior in the mood desired.
- BURMESTER HIGH END 3D SURROUND SYSTEM features 24 specially designed speakers and 24 amplifier channels with a total system output of 1,540 watts. It impresses with visual effects: two tweeters installed in the mirror triangles of the front doors move into the most favorable position when the system is switched on, lighting up in one of seven freely selectable colours shades if the ambience lighting is active.
- TOUCH PAD allows the operation of the telematics system via handwriting recognition, zooming and scrolling with a two-finger gesture, recognition of favourite keys and haptic feedback.
The new Mercedes-Benz S-Class is available at the Nasser Bin Khaled Mercedes-Benz showroom located on Salwa Road.