Doha Festival City recently launched a mini-golf activation this week, open to everyone keen on trying their hands at miniature golf. The Mini-Golf is open for three months, until 24 April.
The mini-golf competition will be hosted in a dedicated 450-square-metre area near Café Ladurée on the first floor of the mall. The mini-golf is open from 2 pm to 10 pm on weekdays, and from 2 pm to 11:30 pm during weekends. To participate, shoppers need to register and purchase a ticket for QAR30.
The most thorough safety guidelines will be applied in all activation area. Each participant will be able to play nine holes for the game.
- A maximum of three players will be allowed to play per golf hole, with each shot counted as one point until the ball goes into the respective numbered hole. A player can make four shots per hole, maximum.
- Use of hands, legs, or any other means to ease the shoot will lead to direct disqualification, as only the putter head is allowed to shoot the ball.
- A one-point penalty will be applied for reshooting if a ball goes out of bounds or if the ball goes to the sand area.
- Kids below 12 years old will have to score 22 points to be counted among the winners; the bar will be higher for adults who must score at least 18 points to win.
- A Wall of Fame will be set at the mini-golf area, featuring the Top-10 players of each activation day, and the Winner of the Day will be selected among the Top 10.
While the activity is open for all adults and children, Doha Festival City is also making the experience even more pleasant for ladies with a special Ladies-Only Day each week, every Tuesday from 2 pm to 10 pm. Children below 12 years old, however, will be allowed to join during this special ladies day.
Doha Festival City General Manager Robert Hall said they are excited to unveil their new mini-golf contest, to enhance the mall’s entertainment offering.
The launch of this entertainment activity is in line with our goal to offer the most diverse choice of activities, promoting sports and active lifestyle and making sure (that) each visitor finds something special in the safest of environments. We hope our customers enjoy this experience and create new memories in the one and only festival city.
During the mini-golf competition at Festival City, the stringiest safety protocols will be applied. All customers will be required to show their green EHTERAZ app at the entrance of the activation areas, and to wear masks at all times while inside Doha Festival City.
Social distancing stickers have also been placed throughout the mall to ensure customers are following the safe distance measures. All staff and event organisers will be wearing masks and gloves. Sanitisation of all activation areas will be completed after each use, and no more than 27 people will be allowed in the area at a time. Parents or guardians must always accompany children at all times.
Doha Festival City is open Saturday to Wednesday from 10 am to 10 pm, and on Thursday and Friday from 10 am to 11 pm. Children of all ages are now allowed to enter the mall.
In line with the guidelines set out by the authorities, the mall currently implements stringent health and safety measures for staff and visitors. This includes a thorough mall disinfection treatment on a weekly basis, robust cleaning, and sanitisation operations during mall trading hours. A total of 127 hand sanitising stations are installed in areas that have commonly touched surfaces.
For updates and more information about Doha Festival City, visit dohafestivalcity.com.
Check out Marhaba’s FREE e-Guides for more information about Qatar.