New Possibilities with Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+: Smartphones Without Limits
The Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ deliver stunning infinity display, connected ecosystem of services and an intelligent interface
Samsung Gulf Electronics – launched the much anticipated Galaxy S8 and S8+ in Qatar, at an exclusive event held at the Four Seasons hotel. The latest smartphone pushes the boundaries of traditional smartphones with its seamless screen hardware design and a variety of new service offerings. With the launch of multiple services and apps, as well as a stunning Infinity Display for immersive viewing experiences, the Galaxy S8 and S8+ bring a new level of functionality and convenience, opening up a galaxy of possibilities.
Tarek Sabbagh, Head of IT & Mobile (IM) Division at Samsung Gulf Electronics said that the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ usher in a new era of smartphone design.
The Galaxy S8 and S8+ represents, not just the launch of a brand new device in the region, but a whole new way to create experiences. Knowing that exploring the world and new cultures is something that people across the region love, we have tied up with Etihad airways and Hotels.com to reward our loyal customers.’
Those who purchase the Galaxy S8 and S8+ will be able to explore the world in style and enjoy 30% off in Economy and Business Class with Etihad Airways. Customers will also be able to save up to 40% on hotel bookings worldwide and enjoy an extra 12% off coupon in partnership with hotels.com. The offer is exclusively available to customers in the UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman and Kuwait.
In addition to the new design innovations, the new Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ also enhanced the performance of its built-in devices:
- Premium Camera: The Galaxy S8 and S8+ are equipped with an advanced 8MP F1.7 Smart autofocus front camera and 12MP F1.7 Dual Pixel rear camera for the best low-light, zoom and anti-blur photos with enhanced image processing.
- Powerful Performance: The Galaxy S8 and S8+ feature the industry’s first 10nm processor, enabling heightened speed and efficiency. It is also gigabit LTE and gigabit Wi-Fi ready with support for speeds up to 1 Gbps so users can quickly download files, regardless of file size.
- Robust Entertainment: As the world’s first mobile device certified by the UHD Alliance as MOBILE HDR PREMIUMTM, Galaxy S8 and S8+ let you see the same vibrant colours and contrasts that filmmakers intended while watching your favourite shows. The Galaxy S8 and S8+ also offer next-level gaming experiences with vivid and superior graphic technology, and come pre-loaded with a Game Pack, featuring top game titles, including select titles supported by the Vulkan API.
- Global Standard in Mobile Security: The Galaxy S8 and S8+ are built on Samsung Knox, a defence-grade security platform featuring a wide selection of biometric technologies including a fingerprint scanner, iris scanner and facial recognition so users can select a secure biometric authentication method that works best for them.
The Galaxy S8 and S8+ will also come with the usual Galaxy features:
- IP68 water and dust resistance
- MicroSD support up to 256GB
- Always-on display
- Fast and wireless charging capabilities
New Way to Interact with Your Phone
Bixby is an intelligent interface that will help users get more out of their phone. With the new Bixby button, users will be able to conveniently access Bixby and navigate through services and apps with simple touch, vision and text commands. Users can also search for images and get details about nearby places with Bixby’s image recognition technology.
Beyond the Phone Experiences
The Galaxy S8 and S8+ offers robust portfolio of products and services, elevating both devices experience premiere mobile productivity and connectivity.
The Galaxy S8 and S8+ unlock the new Gear VR with Controller, powered by Oculus. The controller provides better motion interaction when accessing interactive VR content. The Galaxy S8 and S8+ will also connect to the new Gear 360 to create 4K 360-degree videos and 15MP photos.
Leveraging the processing power of the Galaxy S8 and S8+ for enhanced productivity, Samsung DeX is a unique solution that transforms your smartphone into a desktop by providing a secure desktop-like experience. Users can easily display and edit data from their phone, making working from a smartphone faster and smarter.
Users can leave their physical wallet behind with Samsung Pay, turning their Galaxy S8 and S8+ into a digital wallet which they can use almost anywhere they would use a credit or debit card. With more than 870 worldwide banking partnerships, Samsung Pay has processed more than 240 million transactions to date.
New high-performance earphones tuned by AKG by Harman, will come as an in-box accessory. These earphones will have a comfortable hybrid canal fit for better noise cancellation and will be made from anti-tangle metal-fabric material.
The Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ will be available across major retailers in Qatar from 28 April at QAR 2,799 for the Galaxy S8 and QAR 3,149 for the Galaxy S8+ and will be offered in a rich colour palette including Midnight Black, Orchid Gray, and Maple Gold.
For additional product information, visit samsungmobilepress.com.