Qatar Airways Announces ‘Travel Bubble Holidays’: No Quarantine on Return
Qatar Airways Holidays is delighted to announce the creation of the country’s very first ‘Travel Bubble Holidays’, between Qatar and Maldives – a safe bubble environment that will allow citizens and residents of Qatar to holiday safely in Maldives.
The Travel Bubble Holiday will require no quarantine or self-isolation for citizens of Qatar upon their return, and no Exceptional Entry Permit, quarantine or self-isolation will be required either for returning residents of Qatar.
Two luxury high-end properties – Sandies Bathala Maldives and Diamonds Thudufushi Beach and Water Villas – will be exclusively available for guests travelling from Qatar. The government of Qatar has added Maldives to its COVID-19 Green List as the country has achieved the Safe Travel Stamp.
The exclusive Travel Bubble Holiday packages are available to book on Qatar Airways Holidays website or from local travel agents from 16 November until 24 December 2020, for travel between 1 December 2020 and 7 January 2021.
All packages are inclusive of return flights between Qatar and the Maldives on Qatar Airways, accommodation on a full board basis, return airport transfers, and all taxes. Customers will have access to all hotel facilities, be able to upgrade their meal package, enjoy heavily discounted rates off the retail outlets and enjoy flexible cancellation policies.
Individuals intending to take the Travel Bubble Holiday will need to fulfil these requirements:
- Take a PCR test in Doha and get a negative COVID-19 PCR test certificate issued no more than 72 hours prior to departure. This is a requirement of the Maldives government.
- Sign a release form committing to the terms and conditions of the exclusive Travel Bubble Holidays.
- Take a rapid PCR test at HIA. Results will be available within 15 minutes and passengers will be allowed to travel if negative.
- Arrive in the Maldives where no extra tests are needed, and take a transfer by speedboat directly to the resort.
- Return to Maldives airport via speedboat transfer on the day of departure.
- Take a PCR test upon arrival into Doha. If negative – return home without the need to quarantine or self-isolate.
According to Qatar Airways Group Chief Executive HE Akbar Al Baker, the secure ‘Travel Bubble Holidays’ offer an exclusive, safe travel experience to passengers who are looking forward to vacationing again with complete peace of mind. By selecting island resorts that are exclusive to Qatar Airways Holidays, he said that it will be possible to make responsible, restriction-free international travel a reality.
Customers are requested to read all related FAQs before booking their holiday. In case of any additional questions, send your queries to [email protected]. For more information, visit qatarairwaysholidays.com.
Don’t miss to check out the free e-Guides by Marhaba.