Over 3000 Healthcare Professionals to Join the Middle East Forum on Quality and Safety in Healthcare
More than 3,000 healthcare professionals will gather in person and virtually in Doha this week for the 2023 Middle East Forum on Quality and Safety in Healthcare.
Now in its 10th year, the forum is the biggest event of its kind in the region dedicated to healthcare quality and will be held at the Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel. With a line-up of international and local healthcare experts on the programme, the Middle East Forum on Quality and Safety in Healthcare is again hosted by Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC), in collaboration with the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI).
This year’s event will focus on Healthcare Resilience in Extraordinary Times with five learning tracks for attendees:
- Improvement Science
- Person-Centred Care
- Flow, Safety and Value Improvement
- Leadership, Resilience and Sustainability
- Population Health
For the first time, this year’s event will include eleven immersive excursions for attendees, two of which will highlight the key role played by the healthcare sector in World Cup Qatar 2022.
The two excursions are:
- Specialized Care for Athletes during the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022
- Major Incident Response Preparedness during the World Cup
Registered attendees will be able to see first-hand the healthcare system’s response to the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 including seeing behind the scenes at the National Health Incident Command Center as well as touring the Al Janoub Stadium to see how specialised care was delivered to players.
Speakers for this year’s event include
- Professor Jason Leitch, National Clinical Director, Scottish Government
- Kedar Mate, MD, President and Chief Executive Officer, Institute for Healthcare Improvement
- Dr Abdullatif Al Khal, Deputy Chief Medical Officer, HMC
For more information and for registration details, visit hamad.qa.
Check out Marhaba’s FREE e-Guides for everything you need to know about Qatar.