The Philippine Embassy in Qatar announced the temporary suspension of operations of the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) in Doha, Qatar from 29 June to 12 July.
According to an advisory released by the Embassy, the suspension is in compliance with health regulations (Decree-Law No 17 of 1990 in the Prevention of Infectious Diseases) as a matter of precaution for the safety of the public, especially the Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW).
The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) required all POLO officers and staff to undergo home quarantine for 14 days, following their swab testing on 28 June. These measures had to be undertaken since a number of workers accommodated at the Migrant Workers and Other Filipinos Resources Center (MWOFRC)/Polo Shelter recently tested positive for COVID-19.
POLO personnel shall be working from home and will be attending to emergency requests by phone relating to labour and employment assistance and other services. POLO is also hereon prevented to accommodate more workers to the MWOFRC/POLO Shelter until further notice.
All online appointments for the verification of employment documents, OEC issuance, OWWA membership renewal, SSS and Pag-IBIG services are cancelled from 29 June to 12 July. POLO will continue to receive and evaluate applications for the DOLE AKAP Cash Assistance Program for OFW, however, pay outs will be temporarily suspended from 29 June until 12 July.
You may call the following numbers for enquiries on any of these POLO services:
- 7704 7356 – to requests for re-scheduling of appointments for verification of employment documents, OEC issuance, OWWA membership renewal
- 5530 4772 – verification of documents for vacationing OFW
- 7735 1829 – DOLE AKAP Cash Assistance Program for OFW
- 5591 5961 – SSS services (you can also enquire via the SSS Doha FB page)
- 5021 1555 – Pag IBIG Fund services (or send an email to [email protected])