Qatar Airways Announces Final Extension of Travel Bubble Holidays Packages to Maldives
Customers can book up to 15 February and receive additional free upgrades to all inclusive
packages for quarantine-free holidays
Qatar Airways Holidays announces the final extension of its Travel Bubble Holidays packages to the Maldives, providing travellers with more flexibility to plan a last-minute, quarantine-free gateway to the tropical paradise island.
According to the latest update from Qatar Airways, the travel period is now extended until 20 February for bookings with minimum three-night duration and last outbound date from Qatar on 17 February. To celebrate the success and mark the end of the Travel Bubble Holidays between Qatar and the Maldives, Qatar Airways Holidays will also offer customers free upgrades, including use of additional resort facilities, water sports activities – such as canoeing, laser sailing, snorkelling and windsurfing – as well as special food and beverage offerings for all new bookings made before 15 February, all at no extra cost.
In November 2020, Qatar Airways Holidays announced the creation of its Travel Bubble Holidays package allowing Qatar citizens and residents to holiday safely with no quarantine or self-isolation requirements on return for citizens and no Exceptional Entry Permit, quarantine or self-isolation requirements on return for residents of Qatar. Even though the Maldives is no longer part of the Green List countries published by the Ministry of Public Health, the Travel Bubble Holidays are unaffected.
All packages include return flights between Qatar and the Maldives on Qatar Airways’ exclusive flights for Travel Bubble Holidays customers, accommodation on a full board basis, return airport transfers, and all taxes. Travel Bubble Holidays’ packages are available to book on the Qatar Airways Holidays website or from a local travel agent. Three high-end luxury properties including the Sandies Bathala Maldives 4-star resort, Diamonds Thudufushi Beach 5-star resort and Amaya Kuda Rah 5-star resort – each situated on their own private island – are exclusively available for guests travelling from Qatar.
For the safety of themselves and fellow travellers, Travel Bubble Holidays guests must:
- Take a PCR test in Doha and get a negative COVID-19 PCR test certificate issued no more than 72 hours before departure. This is a requirement of the Maldives government
- Sign a release form committing to the terms and conditions of the exclusive Travel Bubble Holidays
- Take a rapid PCR test at Hamad International Airport. Results will be available within 15 minutes, and passengers will be allowed to travel if negative
- Arrive in the Maldives, where no additional tests are needed, and take a transfer by speedboat directly to the resort
- Return to Maldives airport via speedboat transfer on the day of departure
- Take a rapid PCR test upon arrival into Doha. If negative, return home without the need to quarantine or self-isolate.
For more details, visit https://www.qatarairwaysholidays.com/qa-en/offers/travel-bubble-holidays.