Following the success of last year’s CAPA Qatar Aviation, Aeropolitical and Regulatory Summit, Qatar Airways is again looking forward to welcoming industry leaders, national regulatory authorities, international and regional aviation organisations, and air transport executives from around the world to Doha this February for its second edition.
This summit will see senior aviation decision-makers from across the public and private sector gather for two days, on 5 – 6 February, to discuss the latest issues and developments regarding international aviation regulation.
Qatar Airways Group Chief Executive, HE Akbar Al Baker, said that given the complex global regulatory environment airlines operate in, they are pleased that the Summit will gather high-level industry experts from both the public and private sector to engage in meaningful discussion on the issues and challenges faced by our industry.
CAPA – Centre for Aviation Chairman Emeritus Peter Harbison said that with vastly different aviation regulation across the globe, it is essential that they continue an open dialogue on issues and opportunities that come with open skies and market access.
We are pleased to partner with Qatar Airways again this year to provide this high-level platform of discussion for senior decision makers across the industry to engage and learn from each other.’
Key industry figures set to speak at the event include:
- Qatar Airways Group Chief Executive HE Akbar Al Baker
- IAG CEO Willie Walsh
- Coordinator for Transport and Tourism in European Parliament José Ramón Bauzá Díaz
- European Commission Director General Mobility and Transport Henrik Hololei
- IATA CEO and Director General Alexandre de Juniac
- Kuwait Airways CEO Kamil Al Awadhi
- Royal Jordanian CEO Stefan Pichler
- RwandAir CEO Yvonne Manzi Makolo
- US Department of Transportation Director International Office of Aviation Brian Hedberg
- Malaysian Aviation Commission Director of Aviation Development Germal Singh Khera
- African Airlines Association Secretary General Abderahmane Berthé
- AACO Secretary General Abdul Wahab Teffaha
Registration to the summit is still open through this link: qatar20.capaevents.com