Qatar Airways Unveils Enhancements to its Privilege Club Programme New Privilege Club
Qatar Airways unveiled details of its new enhancements made to the airline’s frequent flyer programme – Privilege Club.
These added benefits have been carefully tailored to offer Privilege Club members exclusive benefits as well as ensure a seamless travel experience across one of the world’s largest route networks. Qatar Airways Chief Executive Officer Akbar Al Baker said:
Since Qatar Airways’ Privilege Club loyalty programme launch in 2000, it has firmly established itself as one of the leading frequent flyer reward programmes in the industry, with benefits designed with the traveller in mind.’
‘This is an exciting time to be a Qatar Airways Privilege Club member. As a “thank you” to our many loyal members who have been with the programme since its inception, we are delighted to offer enhanced member benefits.’
Some of the changes in Qatar Airways’ Privilege Club Programme include:
Introduction of the New Platinum Tier
Platinum will be introduced as the highest tier level in the programme, offering superior benefits and privileges to members who have earned at least 600 Qpoints within a 12 month period. Qpoints are awarded to members to achieve a particular membership status. Some of the exciting benefits for Platinum members include:
- Tier bonus of an additional 100% of the base miles
- Qcredits – a new reward benefit which can be redeemed for a selection of services
- No Qmiles expiry as long as Platinum members retain the Platinum tier.
- 5% online discount on award tickets
- Special discount for purchases at Qatar Duty Free
A brand new reward benefit, Qcredits will be awarded to Gold and Platinum members and can be redeemed for a selection of services such as complimentary upgrades and Excess Baggage on Qatar Airways flights, payment of award fees (incurred during the change/cancellation of award tickets) and guest lounge access at Doha International Airport.
New Tier Qualification And Renewal Thresholds
Upgrades to the next membership tier will now be easy to achieve as Qpoints earned within any 12 month period will be evaluated daily. Privilege Club’s tier renewal criteria has been modified to consider flights in the last 12 or 24 months to make tier renewal more convenient.
Enhanced Member Benefits
Some of the enhancements made to member benefits include:
- The Family programme which allows main members to pool their Qmiles for quicker awards will be offered to the entire Privilege Club member base. In addition to spouse and children, main members will be able to nominate parents as family members
- Reduced fees and surcharges applicable on award tickets
- Enrolment age into the programme has been reduced to 12 years to encourage young frequent travellers to have their own membership accounts
- Qmiles that have expired or are about to expire can be extended for a minimal fee
By 30 October 2013, Qatar Airways will be joining the oneworld alliance, by which Privilege Club members will enjoy added benefits on any oneworld flight including earning Qmiles and Qpoints as well as redeeming Qmiles across the alliance.
For more more information, visit Qmile’s website.