Qatar Bans Car Washing in Outdoor Parking Lots in Malls and Commercial Streets
The Ministry of Commerce and Industry has announced a ban on car washing activities in public and private lots, including outdoor parking lots in malls and commercial streets.
This step comes as part of the Ministry’s efforts to regulate and monitor commercial activities across Qatar, as well as take the necessary measures to curb illegal practices.
The Ministry said that car washing shall be limited to licensed companies and shall be performed solely in underground parking lots (basement) of malls and commercial establishments, with the approval of the entity to which the site belongs, and provided that a suitable space is allocated for the activity.
Additionally, the general and special requirements as per the laws and regulations must be adhered to, and include:
- Allocating suitable places for car washing activities with proper drainage points
- Ensuring that employees wear clean and decent uniforms, on which the name of the company and the worker is indicated
- Maintaining general cleanliness
- Abstaining from following and bothering customers
- Ensuring the provision of and use of clean tools when washing cars
- Adhering to all precautionary measures to curb the spread of COVID-19
The Ministry stressed that all concerned companies must adhere to the decision. Any violation exposes perpetrators to legal accountability and procedures.
For more information, visit moci.gov.qa.
Check out Marhaba’s FREE e-Guides for everything you need to know about Qatar.