Qatar COVID-19 Update: Precautionary Measures to Continue for Another 2 Weeks
Qatar will extend its precautionary measures against COVID-19 for another 2 weeks starting from 16 April 2020. This decision was made in an online Cabinet meeting chaired by HE Sheikh Khalid bin Khalifa bin Abdulaziz Al Thani, Prime Minister and Minister of Interior, on 15 April .
Following the meeting, HE the Minister of Justice and Acting Minister of State for Cabinet Affairs Dr Issa bin Saad al-Jafali al-Nuaimi issued a statement giving the details.
The precautionary measures being extended are the following:
- Reducing the number of employees present at the headquarters of governmental and private organisations
- Reducing the number of employees in private sector to 20%, 80% will continue working from home
- Working hours for employees and workers in the government and private sectors will remain six hours per day, from 7 am to 1 pm
- Home cleaning services to remain suspended
- Reducing the number of workers transported by buses to half the capacity of the bus
- Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MoCI) to continue intensified inspections to ensure food outlets and supermarkets adhere to strict precautionary measures
- The sectors exempted from the restrictions will remain the same as decided earlier. These sectors include military, security, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and diplomatic missions, health, oil and gas, employees of government agencies whose nature of work requires their presence, workers in major state projects
A re-evaluation will be held during the period to take the appropriate decision.