Effective 1 December 2016, Qatar Distribution Company (QDC) will eliminate the QAR1,000 one-time deposit and will introduce a new annual license fee.
Here is the information published on their official Facebook page.
- On approval of an application the applicant will be required to pay an annual license fee, paid on pro-rata basis, based on Qatar Residence Permit validity.
- No additional fee for Joint permit card holders.
- For the license fee, our permit office will accept electronic payments only through debit or credit cards.
- The details of the license fee is shown in the table below.
Refunds of deposits and renewals
- For those customers whose liquor permit is due for renewal in December 2016, deposits will be refunded in full by cash. License fee will be charged electronically through debit or credit cards.
- From 1st January 2017 till 28th February 2017 all other customers will be given an opportunity to claim their full deposit in cash and pay the license fee as per the current validity of their permit card.
- From 1st March 2017, any customer with a valid permit card, who has not claimed their deposit back in the above mentioned period, will receive an automatic refund less the applicable license fee.
- The balance will be available in your respective account as store credit for future shop purchases on your liquor permit card.
- Once the store credit is applied, cash refund will be given to only those customers who have cancelled their residence permit. This will be subject to the customer providing relevant documents to prove the cancellation and at the discretion of QDC Management.
Expired Cards as of 1 March 2017
- Those customers, who have not claimed their deposit in the above mentioned period and whose cards have expired will remain in QDC records until the customer approaches the QDC permit office for renewal or cancellation of their card.
- Cash refund will be given to only those customers who cancel their permit.
- If the card is to be renewed, deposit amount will be refunded as store credit only, less license fee.
Renewal by email will cease to be in effect from 1 December 2016 and customers will be required to apply in person for renewal and to pay for the new license fee.
Contact 4429 9777 or email [email protected] for any further clarifications.