Qatar Green Building Council (QGBC) will host a seminar to explore the new methods of design and construction in Qatar on Monday 24 February at 5:30 pm at Conference room LH238 at Texas A&M University at Qatar.
Green building and sustainability experts, senior architects, and pioneers from Qatar’s construction industry will be present at the seminar to discuss the wide array of new methods of design and construction available in Qatar and the wider region.
- Engineer Meshal Al Shamari, QGBC Director – QGBC
- Dr Mardelle Shepley, Director of Center for Health Systems & Design – Texas A&M University, USA
- Dr Alex Amato, Head of Sustainability – QGBC
- Steven Humphrey, Director of Program Cost Consultancy – AECOM Qatar
- Silvia Grotto, CEO of Ecological Building – Construction WLL
Qatar Green Building Council (QGBC) is a non-profit, membership-driven organisation providing leadership and encouraging collaboration in conducting environmentally sustainable practices for green building design and development in Qatar. QGBC also aims to support the overall health and sustainability of the environment, the people, and economic security in Qatar for generations to come. The council, a member of Qatar Foundation, was formally established in 2009 by a decree signed by HH Sheikha Moza Bint Nasser and is helping Qatar on its journey to establish a post-hydrocarbon, knowledge economy and progressive society. Through QGBC, Qatar will join a network of 80 different countries that run active national green building councils under the umbrella of the World Green Building Council.