Every 18 December, Qatar celebrates their National Day in commemoration of the country’s unification in 1878. National Day emphasises the Qatari identity and history, embodies the ideals and visionary aspirations that this country was founded on, and pays homage to the great men and women who participated in building the nation.
Here is how you can celebrate Qatar National Day 2020:
This listing will be regularly updated; bookmark this page and don’t miss any updates.
National Parade The national march is held every year with a big show of troops in various military sectors. Corniche, 18 December at 9 am
*Note: Sadly, this year, the Qatar National Day parade will not be accessible to the public. Instead, the area outlined in red on the map will be closed off and you will not be allowed to enter. Families of employees in the health sector will be the only ones allowed to witness national parade and they will have special invitations that allow them to enter the parade area. Luckily, the parade will be shown on TV for the public to enjoy. Read more about it HERE
Fireworks Corniche, 18 December at 8 pm
Live stream on the Doha 360 website, including Tahadi & Injaz, 360 Wyak, Saet Alkhatir. Get more details here
3rd Qatar National Day Falconry Championship 2020 will take place from 8 to 16 December and is held in the Aba Al Qararis in Al Khor, due to its special place in the hearts of every Qatari and resident. Read more about it HERE
Doha Festival City will hold this year’s Qatar National Day festivities from 14 to 18 December, with a range of family-friendly activities. Read more about it HERE
To mark this special occasion, messages of gratitude will be placed throughout the mall, while shoppers will get the opportunity to participate in a series of unique festivities and enjoy the celebratory atmosphere. Doha Festival City is open Saturday to Wednesday, from 10 am to 10 pm, and on Thursday and Friday, from 10 am to 11 pm. Children of all ages are now allowed to enter the mall.
- Message Wall, Selfie Mirror and More A giant declaration of love for Qatar will be displayed at the Atrium Node on the ground floor through a 3D ‘I Love Qatar’ interactive display, available for guests to take pictures. Visitors will also have the opportunity to share their appreciation for Qatar by placing messages on the ‘Message Wall’, installed at the Market Corridor on the ground floor
- Doha Festival City will also distribute miniature Qatari National Flags to all visitors – flags can be collected at the Mall’s entrances and customer service desks on the ground floor throughout the whole five days of festivities
- Ground Floor:
Ball Pit – West Gate 3
Kids Stage – East Gate 1
Majlis – Luxury Court
- First Floor:
Henna – Luxury Court
Face painting – Marble Fountain
Falconry – West Gate 2
Calligrapher – West Gate 2
Traditional Handicrafts – Marble Fountain, Luxury Court, and east gate 2
- Arda show
- Hospitality Coffee and Dates
- Mall Wide Performances
- Oasis Stage Shows
Registration starts at 4 am
Cycling starts at 5 am to 7 am
Meeting point: Lusail Multipurpose Hall
5094 3475 Get more details here
- Robot Showcase: Traditional Dance QNL in collaboration with Hamad Bin Abdullah bin Jasim Secondary School, invites you to watch a programming-based robot perform the Ardah dance. The session will be conducted via Instagram Live https://www.instagram.com/qnl_children/ 15 December, 5 pm – 6 pm
- Live Cooking Show Join for an Instagram Live cooking demonstration with Rasha Isbeetan, who will show you how to create chicken kabsa, a traditional Qatari dish. The session will be conducted online via Instagram Live https://www.instagram.com/qnl_engage/ 15 December, 5 pm – 6 pm
Sheikh Faisal Bin Qassim Al Thani Museum (FBQ Museum) has planned special programmes to enjoy this valuable occasion with your family and friends where visitors can learn more about the history of our beloved country and the rich culture of Qatari people through marvelous collections, rare artifacts, and art pieces showcased at FBQ Museum that tell stories about the history of Qatar from the past and up to the present.
- Qatari Heritage Section Tour FBQ Museum tour guide will meet you there to learn more about the rich Qatari culture. 18 December, 3 pm – 5 pm) & 19 December, 10:30 am – noon & 3 pm – 5 pm
- Arabic Calligraphy Souvenir by FBQ Calligrapher (Regular museum hours)
- Photo Opportunity in a Traditional Qatari Majlis Setting (Regular museum hours)
- Qatari Art Exhibition Exceptional Qatari art and artifact selections from FBQ Museum will be showcased in a special exhibition at The White Majlis. 18 December – 2 January 2021 (regular museum hours)
Hotels in Doha join the celebrations
Katara Hospitality On the auspicious occasion of Qatar National Day, Katara Hospitality introduces ‘Your Key to Luxury’ package with exclusive privileges at The Ritz-Carlton, Doha; Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel; Sharq Village & Spa, a Ritz-Carlton Hotel; Al Messila, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa; Hilton Salwa Beach Resort & Villas and The Avenue, a Murwab Hotel. Stay for two consecutive nights and get the third night complimentary and book for three-consecutive nights to receive two-nights complimentary. In addition to daily breakfast for two adults and two children with special amenities upon check-in. This offer is valid until 31 January 2021.
For more information or to make a reservation, please contact your selected hotel directly via toll free number 800 8800 or email [email protected]
Al Messila, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Doha
- National Day High Tea on arrival in your room, suite or villa
- 25% savings on Deli Brunch – National Day Special (standard package)
- 30% savings on all spa treatments of 60 minutes and more
- 20% savings on dining at Deli Kitchen and Elixir
- Terms & Conditions apply
For inquiries: 4445 0000
A Special Deli Brunch This Qatar National Day, embrace the culinary local heritage and treat yourself and your family to Al Messila’s signature Deli Brunch, enhanced for the occasion with a wide selection of local specialties and an extraordinary assortment of delightful treats. *
When: Friday, 18 December, 12:30 pm onwards
Where: Deli Kitchen
Price: Starting from QAR250 per person
* Terms & Conditions apply. For inquiries: 4445 0000 / 5505 9901
Treats for Celebration Indulge in Al Amma’s Classic Afternoon Tea, specially themed for this unique celebration . *
When: Friday, 18 December, 3 pm to 6 pm
Where: Al Amma
Price: Starting from QAR188 per person
* Terms & Conditions apply. For inquiries: 4445 0000 / 5505 9901
Spa This National Day, treat yourself to a pamper at Al Messila Spa. With any 60-minute body or facial treatment receive 5 complimentary day passes to enjoy your next visits.*
Price: Starting from QAR600
* Terms & Conditions apply. For inquiries: 4445 1916 | 4445 1917
Aleph Doha Residences, Curio Collection by Hilton
- Dinner Celebrate this Qatar Nation Day with an majestic sky view and nationally themed dinner from the 52nd floor overlooking the beautiful horizon and Doha Corniche. Enjoy a welcome signature mocktail, unlimited soft beverages and delicious national dishes for QAR350 per person, 7 pm – 11 pm. *Booking is limited to minimum of 15 people and maximum of 25 people. *24 hours in advance bookings are highly encouraged.
4004 7307, email [email protected]
- High Tea Indulge in an inspiring high tea experience this Qatar National Day at Mondo Café or in the privacy of your room for QAR180 for two people. Indulge in extensive selection of tea or coffee blends, along with Mondo café signatures sweet or savoury delicacies.
For further information or table reservations call 4004 7305
- Staycation Celebrate Qatar National Day by indulging in a state-of-the-art hospitality and a specially tailored national menu while staying at Aleph Doha Residences, Curio Collection by Hilton. Book now your Sky three bedroom suite for 2 nights the 17th and the 18th of December until, Monday, 14 December and get a complimentary upgrade to Altitude three bedroom apartment with our spectacular rate per night staring from (subject to availability).
Price: QAR795 for a sky two bedrooms suite (breakfast and dinner included for 2 adults and 2 children), QAR995 for a sky three bedrooms suite ( breakfast and dinner included for 2 adults and 4 children)
Meals in the offers are included for 2 adults and kids below 12 years old. Terms and Conditions apply.
Alwadi Hotel Doha – MGallery Let’s celebrate this special day and discover Alwadi’s delicately crafted three-course menu showcasing some of the most enjoyed ingredients and flavour.
- Qatar National Day Spécial Let’s celebrate this special day and discover Sofra’s delicately crafted 3-course menu showcasing some of the most enjoyed ingredients and flavour.
When: Friday, 18 December from 7 pm to 11 pm
Price: QAR159 per person
- Infinity – National Day Spectacle Join Alwadi for a breathtaking view of the fireworks celebrating the nation’s day.
When: 5 pm – 7:30 pm | 8:30 pm – 11 pm, a la carte food and drinks menu
Price: QAR150 per person, 7:30 – 8:30 pm, Includes 1 House Beverage |Select Infinity snacks to pass around
- The hotel’s tea lounge – AtTEAtude, with its alfresco terrace and menu of bespoke cakes and other treats, is also the perfect location to experience the buzz of Qatar National Day as the sun goes down on this special day. The Winter Delight afternoon tea is just QAR175 for two people
- Staycation For those wanting to enjoy a family staycation over the Qatar National Day weekend, the hotel is also offering a range of special rates on request including for the stunning 200 square meter Imperial Suite – a penthouse apartment featuring two terraces with panoramic views of the whole city, extending from Souq Waqif to West Bay – perfect for families. You can call the hotel for rates and availability of the rooms and suites to enjoy family staycation in the heart of Doha
Read more here
Call 4009 9666, WhatsApp 3075 8211 | [email protected]
Fraser Suites Doha
When: 18 December, 6:30 pm – 11 pm
Where: Al Amaken Restaurant
Price: QAR175 for one person, QAR300 for 2 people, QAR500 for 4 people
Browse menu items here
Contact for details and reservations: 4424 3444 / 3303 3239
La Cigale Hotel, Managed by Accor
Traditional Delights offering a special ala carte menu featuring Qatari delicacies from 11 to 19 December including grilled chicken with kabsa, slow cooked lamb shank thareed and seafood salona along with a variety of traditional sweets.
When: 11 – 19 December 2020
Where: Orangery Café Trottoir
When: 18 & 19 December 2020, noon to 4 pm
Where: Le Cigalon
Price: QAR320 including a celebration gift
La Cigale Traiteur, a gourmet haven offering a rich selection of homemade Arabic and International sweets and pastries, known for its 70 types of chocolates and 180 selections of artisan cheese, will be offering Qatar National Day hampers, perfect for gifts to embrace the feeling of togetherness on this auspicious day.
Read more here
For more information, call 4428 8800
Mandarin Oriental, Doha The celebration of Qatar will be honoured in December with a limited-edition cake crafted by the hotel’s talented pastry team. Qatar Academy student art will be artistically presented on the packaging, created in partnership with designers from The Creative Union.
Mandarin Oriental, Doha will donate a portion of the proceeds from each limited-edition cake sold to the Qatar Academy Msheireb students chosen charity foundation, and serve to bring communities together as one in honour of Qatar, and in celebration of this great country’s National Day.
Read more here
Call/WhatsApp 4008 8888, [email protected], mandarinoriental.com/doha
QAR974 per night for two people, including:
- Overnight stay in one of their luxury rooms and suites
- Gourmet breakfast for two
- Special national day in room amenities
- Complimentary upgrade to the next available room category, subject to availability
- Early check-in and late check out, subject to availability
Offer is valid from 1 – 18 December 2020. *Terms & conditions apply
Brunch Any trip to Marsa Malaz Kempinski is going to be luxurious, and Marsa Malaz brunch at Sawa is no exception! You can come to enjoy exceptional views, gorgeous interiors, delicious and comforting food from all around the world, super friendly service and an outdoor area that is perfect to make the most out of Doha’s great weather. In fact, Sawa brunch takes you on quite the culinary journey, you’ll be treated to a selection of international favourites including pasta and paella, mixed grill, burgers and more with some great live cooking stations. There’s an array of International salads and desserts. And then delicious crêpes, ice-cream and cotton candy to finish off. The laid back atmosphere, combined with fantastic mixed drinks, and the gorgeous setting as well as the location, which offers up views over the pool and sea, will make you breathe a true resort experience out of the hustle and bustle of the city centre.
When: Fridays from 12:30 pm to 4 pm
Price: QAR345 per person, including soft beverages QAR445 per person, including enhanced beverages Kids age 6 – 12 with 50% discount | Kids below age 6 enjoy the brunch free of charge
4035 5011 | +974 7479 0864 (WhatsApp) | [email protected]
The Ritz-Carlton, Doha
The culinary team has curated a delicious menu with local flavours, for you to enjoy with your friends and family.
When: 18 December, noon – 4 pm
Where: Lagoon garden
Price: QAR250 for a wide selection of Arabic starters, charcoal-grilled steaks and sweets.
Call 4484 8000, 4425 6663
Staycation The hotel has prepared an array of exclusive BBQ offers in its lush outdoor garden inclusive of kids activities.
Enhancing the family spirit of the most festive day in Qatar.
The offer includes:
- Overnight stay in a luxurious Deluxe Room and Suite
- Complimentary breakfast for two adults and two children under 12 years old
- Complimentary barbecue dinner for two adults and two children under 12 years old
- 20% savings on spa treatments
- Upgrade to Deluxe Seaview room
- Early check-in and late check-out upon availability
Valid from 18 – 19 December
Starting from QAR1,199 per night
Call 4484 8000, 4425 6663
Spa Celebrate Qatar National Day with 30% savings on all spa treatments, memberships and fitness services.
Terms and conditions apply. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer.
Offer valid on Friday, 18 December 2020.
For more information or to make a reservation, call 4484 8173/8174 or email [email protected]
The Westin Doha
Room QAR590 for single occupancy, QAR680 for double occupancy and includes: QAR90 credits for in-room dining (valid for deluxe room only) Offer runs from 17 – 31 December
Luxe Lounge Qatar National Day sweets display 15 – 18 December and hamper QAR280
Call 3359 8514, 4492 1600
Important Note: Rates subject to change. Please check with the hotel before you confirm your reservation.
Check out Marhaba’s free hospitality e-Guide, for complete information about the hospitality industry in Qatar.
Copyright © Marhaba Information Guide. Reproduction of material from Marhaba Information Guide’s book or website without written permission is strictly prohibited. Using Marhaba Information Guide’s material without authorisation constitutes as plagiarism as well as copyright infringement.