Qatar will be implementing a ‘modified’ Phase 3 starting on Friday, 6 August, following the Cabinet meeting held this Wednesday, 4 August, presided by the Prime Minister and Minister of Interior, HE Sheikh Khalid bin Khalifa bin Abdulaziz Al Thani at the Amiri Diwan.  

The Supreme Committee for Crisis Management has decided on the following modifications to the current restrictions:

Restrictions and Guidelines


  • No more than 80% of employees are allowed in workplaces for both government and private companies, with the remaining 20% to work remotely. This excludes the military, security and health sectors for government; while the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, in coordination with relevant authorities, will specify the activities that are excluded from this decision in the private sector.
  • No more than 15 people should attend work-related meetings for government and private companies.
  • Unvaccinated employees and workers in both private and government sectors, including individuals who have not completed their second dose, should undergo a rapid antigen test approved by the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) on a weekly basis.
  • Everyone is required to wear masks when outside their homes, except when the person is alone while driving, or in the vehicle with family members.
  • Everyone should activate their EHTERAZ application on their smartphones when leaving the house for any reason.

Mosques and Friday prayers

  • Mosques will open for daily duties and Friday prayers and children will be allowed to enter. Toilets and ablution facilities will remain closed.

Public Gathering

  • A maximum of 15 vaccinated people are allowed in closed venues (homes and majlis); five, if all or any of them have not yet completed or have not yet been vaccinated.
  • A maximum of 35 vaccinated individuals or a maximum of ten unvaccinated or mixed groups is allowed in open spaces.
  • Wedding parties at independent wedding halls and hotels should not exceed 80 individuals, and only ten unvaccinated guests or with incomplete dose allowed.
  • Gatherings in parks, beaches and the Corniche are allowed for a maximum of 20 people only or family members residing in the same house; individual sports such as walking, running and cycling are allowed; playgrounds including areas with sports equipment and private beaches will open at 50% capacity.

Public and Private Transportation

  • No more than four people are allowed inside vehicles, with the exception of family members residing in the same house.
  • Bus capacity at 50% and all passengers following minimum safety protocols.
  • Doha Metro and all public transport services should not exceed 50% capacity.

Driving Schools

  • Driving schools should not exceed 50% of their capacity and all their workers should be vaccinated.

Theatres and Cinemas

  • Theatres and cinemas are allowed to open at 30% capacity, provided that 75% of customers are vaccinated; children are allowed and counted as part of the 25% unvaccinated customers.

Schools, Museums and Education Centres

  • Educational centres and private training centres are allowed to provide their services but not exceeding 50% of their capacity, and that all their trainers are vaccinated.
  • Nurseries are allowed to operate but not exceeding 50% of their capacity, and that all their workers are vaccinated.
  • Museums and public libraries are open at 75% capacity.
  • Educational sessions for people with special needs are allowed, with no more than five people in one session, provided that all trainers are vaccinated.

Sports Training and Events

  • Professional sports training allowed indoor or at open spaces; maximum of 35 vaccinated people in open spaces and 15 vaccinated people indoors, with no public attendance allowed.
  • Local and international sporting events are allowed with approval from MoPH; no more than 50% of capacity in open spaces, provided that 75% of the public (spectators) are vaccinated. Those who have not completed their vaccine dose or are still unvaccinated need to take the Rapid Antigen test approved by MoPH 24 hours prior to the event.

Conferences and Exhibitions

  • Capacity should not exceed 50% after approval from MoPH.

Shopping Malls, Restaurants and Cafes

  • Shopping complexes at 50% capacity, with children allowed to enter; food courts allowed to open at 30% capacity; prayer halls and changing rooms are also allowed to open.
  • Restaurants and cafes to provide services given that their capacity does not exceed 50% and that they have a ‘Clean Qatar’ certificate, and provided that all customers are vaccinated. Children are only allowed to enter closed spaces with their families.

Boats and Yachts

  • Boats, tourist yachts, and pleasure boats are allowed, provided that all workers in these boats are vaccinated. Passengers should not exceed 50% of capacity, with a maximum of 25 people.

Souqs and Wholesale Markets

  • Souqs and wholesale markets are allowed to open throughout the week, with their capacity not exceeding 50%. Children are allowed to enter.

Beauty Salons

  • 50% capacity provided that all employees and clients are vaccinated and no more than one child is allowed at the same time.

Amusement Parks

  • Capacity not exceeding 50% for amusement parks and recreational centres in open spaces.
  • Capacity not exceeding 30% for amusement parks and indoor entertainment centres, provided that 75% of customers are vaccinated; children are allowed to enter and counted among the 25% who are unvaccinated.

Health Clubs and Massage Services

  • Included under these are health clubs, physical training clubs, massage services, sauna and steam rooms, jacuzzi services, and Moroccan and Turkish baths. They should not exceed 50% of their capacity, and all workers and clients vaccinated.

Swimming Pools and Water Parks

  • Capacity not exceeding 50% for all outdoor swimming pools and water parks.
  • Capacity not exceeding 30% for all indoor swimming pools and water parks, and 75% of customers should be vaccinated. Unvaccinated individuals and children are allowed and will be counted among the remaining 25%.

Healthcare Facilities

  • Private health care facilities at full capacity provided that all workers are vaccinated.

Cleaning and Hospitality Companies

  • Operation on full capacity, with services provided by their vaccinated employees.

Travel and Quarantine Policy

Qatar’s strict travel and quarantine policy are major factors to how the country was able to control the entry of more transmissible variants. Despite the phased transition to normal, international travel to and from Qatar still follows strict procedures.

Six countries in Asia – India, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and the Philippines are still required to a mandatory two-day hotel quarantine, following surges in these countries’ local cases. All other countries are classified as Green, Yellow and Red. Visit here for more details.

With the exception of travellers coming from the identified six countries, fully vaccinated residents and nationals can now travel and return to Qatar without having to undergo the mandatory quarantine, following certain requirements.

READ ALSO: Delta Variant Now in Qatar, Public Urged to Get Vaccinated

Check out Marhaba’s FREE e-Guides for everything you need to know about Qatar.