Qatar Tourism Releases List of Winners of Inaugural Qatar Tourism Awards
Qatar Tourism unveiled the winners of the Qatar Tourism Awards 2023, a new initiative aimed at recognising the very best in the industry.
The winners of the inaugural edition of the awards were announced during a ceremony at Raffles Doha, attended by Qatar Tourism Chairman HE Saad Bin Ali Al Kharji and United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) Regional Director Basmah Al-Mayman.
Developed in partnership with the UNWTO, the Qatar Tourism Awards are designed to celebrate and recognise the remarkable contributions made by businesses that continually achieve excellence in customer service delivery.
In his opening remarks, HE Saad Bin Ali Al Kharji said that Qatar’s tourism sector has witnessed an extraordinary transformation, one that has successfully propelled the nation into the spotlight as a world-class tourist destination. HiE Al Kharji said that the credit for this success goes to the devoted individuals and businesses that form the backbone of Qatar’s tourism industry.
Through initiatives such as the Qatar Tourism Awards, we aim to celebrate and recognise those who are committed to delivering outstanding and distinct tourism experiences in Qatar, while at the same time, inspiring the industry to continually innovate and raise the bar even higher.
Service Excellence, Cultural Experiences and Smart Solutions
The Qatar Tourism Awards focuses on three principal categories: Service Excellence, Cultural Experiences and Smart Solutions, which together highlight different aspects of the visitor experience.
In addition, Qatar Tourism Awards announced a surprise category, the Community Contribution Award, to recognise individual community members who have gone above and beyond to display hospitality and provide exemplary services to visitors.
The community members that are significantly contributing to providing visitors with a unique and hospitable tourism experience are:
- North Sedra Farm
- Ain Mohammed Village
- Al Kubaisi Educational Reserve
- ENK Farm and Classic Car Museum
- Khalid Jamal Al Ajmi
- Khalid bin Abdulla Albinali
Service Excellence category
The winners of the Service Excellence category exemplify an organisation’s commitment to delivering service that consistently meets and exceeds the expectations of visitors.
- Casual Dining: Em Sherif Café, Millennium Hotel Doha and Dalchini Restaurant and Bar, Centara West Bay Hotel and Residences
- Dining in Touristic Areas: SMAT Restaurant, Aura Hospitality and Food Services, and Belhambar Restaurant, Aura Hospitality and Food Services
- Cafes: Café #999 and MIA Café
- Fine Dining: Em Sherif Restaurant Aura Hospitality and Food Services, Parisa Al Messila Resort and Spa, and IDAM by Alain Ducasse
- Hotel Restaurants: The Master Kitchen Team Mondrian Doha, Sharq Village and Spa, a Ritz-Carlton Hotel and Riva and Q-Lounge
- Spa & Wellness: Banana Island Resort Doha and Hilton Salwa Beach Resort and Villas
- Entertainment & Recreation: Doha Quest and CurioCITY
- Retail and Local Shops: Ali Bin Ali Holding – Galeries Lafayette and IN-Q Gift Shop by Qatar Museums
- Shopping Malls: Doha Festival City and The Gate Mall
- Tour Operators: Regency Holidays and Fal Travelmart, Travel and Tours
- Tour Guides: Alena Kishmaraia, Cecilia Castro, Pia Sundstedt and Ajith Wijenayaka Hewa Kokawalage
- Outstanding Service Excellence for Individuals: Moza Abdulaziz Al As-haq, Hassan Attia, Wassim Daageh, and Bouthaina Al Emadi
- 4-Star and 3-Star Hotels: Jouri a Murwab Hotel, Radisson Blu Hotel Doha, Premier Inn Doha Education City, and Premier Inn Doha Airport
- 5 Star Hotels: Raffles Doha, Banana Island Resort Doha, Hilton Salwa Beach Resort and Villas and Zulal Wellness Resort by Chiva-Som
- Tourism Support Organisations: Katara Hospitality, Qatar National Convention Centre, Qatar Rail, and Discover Qatar
View this post on Instagram
Cultural Experience category
The winners of the Cultural Experience category, which recognises entities that put emphasis and focus on delivering unique and memorable cultural experiences to visitors, are:
- Cultural and Tourist Attraction: United Development Company (UDC), The Pearl Island, Basta Restaurant, and Chernovil Art Gallery
- Cultural Experiences: Embrace Doha, Oryx Group Entertainment and Hospitality and Regency Holidays
- Cultural Heritage: Msheireb Properties
Smart Solutions category
The winners of the Smart Solutions category, which reflects an organisation’s commitment to enhancing the visitors’ experience through innovative products and solutions, are:
- The Digital and Innovation Experience: Qatar Rail and ViaVii
- New Solutions in Sustainability: Doha Festival City and Mowasalat Karwa
- Visitor Mobility and Accessibility: Msheireb Properties
To learn more about the awards, visit qatartourism.com.
Check out Marhaba’s FREE e-Guides for everything you need to know about Qatar.