In partnership with a diverse number of leading cultural and art Qatari institutions, Qatar Tourism Authority (QTA) is organising a four-day packed entertainment programme incorporating exciting activities, starting from the first day of Eid Al-Fitr.
Events at Katara
- A dramatic fireworks show that will start from 8.30pm on the first day of Eid
- Watch exhibition (Daniel Lowell)
- Arabic calligraphy exhibition for Katara’s Artists, an exhibition featuring a selection of Islamic-Arabic calligraphy in collaboration with Sheikh Faisal Bin Qassim Al Thani Museum
- Olympics Through Media Exhibition
- Holy Quran classes for Children entitled “Nafahat Al Iman”
- Book fair
This rich cultural and arts programme starts from 10.00am until 10.00pm.
Events at the Ministry of Culture, Arts and Heritage: Traditional performances that will reflect on the diversity of the local heritage and the different singing arts.
Events at at Corniche Al Dafna (the Heritage Village): A number of popular games, entertainment contests, crafts, traditional Qatari feasts, and art performances starting from 4.00pm to 11.30pm.
Events at the Qatar National Theatre: The first day of Eid features the “Qatari 60%” play starring Abdul Aziz Jassim.
Events at Al Rayyan Theatre located at Souq Waqif: The venue will host live concerts incorporating top artists starting from 9.00pm until midnight all through the Eid celebration.
Aspire Zone Park will open its doors to the public around the clock.
Museum of Islamic Art will welcome visitors from 10.30am until 11.00pm.
Shopping malls and commercial centres will alternately host several appealing events, including folklore bands; a performance, Space Pedestrians; African Circus; a play for kids; Brix 8; as well as Sing with Barney show, one of the most popular childrens’ musicals.
For more information on QTA, please visit their website.